Budget Hosting vs Free Hosting

Discussion in 'Domains, Hosting and Servers' started by bosconian, Aug 5, 2013.

1. bosconian

bosconian Regular Member

Well I can't recommend anything because until recently I was looking for a cheap host just like you. I can tell you that you may find a good deal at http://www.lowendbox.com so maybe it's worth taking a look there.

2. Collin

Collin Regular Member

I'm with ByetHosting (free host) and I highly regret it. While their support is very quick and helpful, my site seems to go down frequently. There was one day this past week where my site was down all day. I contacted them asking why it was so and they said they were upgrading the kernels on the hosting servers. They said it was supposed to be down only an hour more after I contacted them, yet it happened all day. I replied stating that Byet is not a reliable host, and I don't want to host a website with them if it's going to be down frequently. I said that it would be nice to let us know before performing maintenance, so we can let our users know, and they replied stating it would take days to send over a thousand emails. I suggested a twitter account and they haven't replied sense. I plan on moving to HostGator, as they have more bandwidth and disk space, yet, I don't have the funds to do so yet. I compared Godaddy hosting with HostGator, and determined that HostGator was cheaper and better. I hope to switch to them soon once I get the necessary funds.

3. Shedo

Shedo Regular Member

Stay away from free hosting the only free hosting i do is host my blogs on google's blogger

4. King G

King G King G

I was just like you brother :D I wanted free hosting and tried it But for the LOVE OF PETE DO NOT GO WITH FREE HOSTING!

Trust me I learned the hard way.

As a spunky 19 year old i thought i was "too cool" for paid hosting i thought people who paid for hosting were stupid!

First off YOU CAN"T MAKE MONEY WITH ADS ON A FREE WEBSITE.

YOU ALSO WILL NEVER OWN YOUR SITE. Heres why READ THE FINEPRINT ON FREE HOSTS. THEY REFUSE TO GIVE YOU YOUR WEB DATA! AND IF THEY DECIDE TO GO OUT OF BUSINESS THEY WILL PERMENTLY TAKE YOUR SITE OFFLINE AND YOU CANNOT GET IT BACK.

ALSO NO ONE WILL TAKE YOU SERIOUSLY

Heres why. If you are a professional for a business trying to sell yourself. If you have a site that says yourdomain.freeforums/freewebs.com ect it looks unprofessional. TRUST ME I KNOW! When I tried to host my forum on free hosting people told me to my face my forum sucked, people would make accounts and not join. Or people would pretend they liked my forum but they did not really. They would even say "cool forum bro" in a condescending tone and then say " i'll join in a few days" never joining. (honestly it takes no effort to join a forum so they were just blowing me off.) ALSO DO NOT DO $1 hosting. The hosts from hostgator bluehost fatcow ect. are slow and glitchy. I also thought i was tech savvy and tried no support linux but since i got no support i got frustrated and quit i just finally got done restoring my website this weekend.

GIVE HAWKHOST A SHOT! its 50 BUCKS A YEAR and the support staff are really nice. plus if you are unhappy just cancel their services within 30 days and get your money back.

NOW I KNOW WHY PEOPLE PAY FOR HOSTING THEY WERE NOT STUPID I WAS AT THE TIME FOR WANTING FREE HOSTING LOL :)

Here are more readings about why NOT to do Free hosting

http://www.wpbeginner.com/opinion/36-reasons-why-having-a-free-website-is-a-bad-idea/

I APOLOGIZE FOR COMING OFF AS CONDESCENDING BUT I DON"T WANT YOU TO MAKE THE SAME MISTAKES AS ME.

Good luck to you as an entrepreneur :) we entrepreneurs must stick together :)

Good luck to you brother :)

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017