Bored of your own forum

Discussion in 'Managing Your Online Community' started by Michael, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Michael

Michael Regular Member

As with most things in life you can become tired of doing the same things and seeing the same things day in day out. Have you ever become bored of your own forums or lost some of your interest in them?

I havent myself as of yet, I think when being on the same website constantly it can be frustrating now and then and its nice to have a break once in a while.

I am actually glad I found AA as constantly working and managing can be so tiresome and AA is a great place to relax and talk about your days as an admin :D

2. BabyDesigner

BabyDesigner Adept

First Name:
    Meg
    Sometimes I find myself a bit bored of it, but then after a day or two I will start missing it and go back to it. Luckily I work my bum off to keep thing up to date so that if I do go MIA from my forum for a day or two or three then there wont be too much on my list to do, plus I have GREAT Mods and Admin that help out a LOT if I do have to go MIA.

3. Ryan

Ryan Regular Member

Sometimes I have to spend a few hours away from my site... because if I don't it would drive me insane. But I don't think I would ever be able to get bored of my own site.

4. tech

tech Regular Member

Im bored of them being inactive =(

5. Rizzo

Rizzo Regular Member

I find whenever i take a break, or am forced to take a break, then the site slows down a lot. So i can't really take a break as such very often :P

6. Relic

Relic Newcomer

First Name:
    Greg
    Never really get bored....tired yes, but never bored. I run a very large forum and I always find new ways to spice things up for fun. The members love it when I do and that is why we have huge a number of members :)

7. kev

kev Regular Member

Nooooo,,,, its almost impossible to get bored on my forum.

Some of my members have youtube accounts. So sometimes its like flipping channels on TV. One guy will post a video about his motorcycle, another one will post a video about his garden, another one will post a video about his new AR-15 or new pistol,,,,,,.

8. danrak

danrak Addict

You do it for 8 years or so, it can get old at times. I just work through it, and try and make it fun again.

9. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Regular Member

If you're getting bored with your forum it's a safe bet your members are getting bored too. Better do something to spice it up!

6 people like this.
  10. Shelley

Shelley Regular Member

I'm bored to tears of mine. Have been for the past year but I've left it open for the members who actively visit and download from my site. It's the only reason the site is open to this day.

11. sTs

sTs Newcomer

First Name:
    S
    (Rizzo, that's the cutest AVI!!!)

Yeah, I'm a little bored of one of my forums. The owner basically abandoned it, which kind of takes the spark out of things.

12. The Cadet

The Cadet Adept

First Name:
    Jonah
    I keep thing interesting by having a bunch of global moderators will virtually full admin permissions, some of whom are very quick and eager to do very stupid things for the lulz. Does this sound like a recipe for disaster? Hell yes, but it's funny and the members I have respect that he's (it's mostly one) a crazy bitch and one hell of a cool guy and respectable person.

My forum will never get boring because the people there are so absolutely out there that not even a huge storm of smug could make it lame.

13. Nick

Nick Regular Member

I've never thought of it this way, but wow! This is so true! Great little piece of advice. :cool:

14. sbfc93

sbfc93 Novice

First Name:
    Callum
    It happens to me from time to time when the site becomes a little inactive... however with my current forum when it has gone through some low times, I have decided not to close it like I may have done previously.

15. Mikey

Mikey Mikeylicio.us

Get bored? Never!

16. David

David Regular Member

I'm bored to death of my Nintendo Site, I wish I could find someone to buy it.

17. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

I hate to say it, but I'm bored with my new general chat site already. It's growing, slowly, which is good, but now that I have my sights set on a niche topic, I'm losing interest quickly with the forum.

Anyone want to take it over? :D

18. danrak

danrak Addict

I bid on it over a flippa. But I don't think the auction went as high as you wanted.

19. Shelley

Shelley Regular Member

It has to be a contagious disease. Bored Board syndrome.

I almost completed a fully fledged login. I input my credentials and whilst in mid login mode I just couldn't do it I quickly hit the beautiful firefox x button in the top right.

It's so bad, I'm posting on org instead of my own site. Must be my good nature. :rolleyes: << We need something that conveys that sarcastic feel better. He looks worried. You should do to if you ae suffering bored board syndrome. Seek help and guidance.

Edit: I keep adding to this post, I should stop. Maybe an area for bored board sufferers who need that kick up the arse to get them back in a more motivated, lively state? Users helping users who actually don't want to be helped. A challenge to say the least.

20. BabyDesigner

BabyDesigner Adept

First Name:
    Meg
    Right now though I miss my forum; server has been down all day, talk about annoying, but I think its to do with something out of their hands becaus enot even their homepage will load. Hoping it wont be down for to much longer!