Black Friday-

Discussion in 'Water Cooler' started by Tom, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Tom

Tom Regular Member

How many of you plan to participate in Black Friday this year, and what are you all looking to get your hands on particularly?

I'm just looking to get a new laptop, TV and phone -- all from Wal-Mart or Best Buy, or Circuit City. ;)

Where ever I can get them without getting into a major fight like last year. :mad2:

2. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

Nope no Black Friday here. All of my $ is spent on bills, Thanksgiving, and my son's birthday by then. I have to wait for my check to come in 12/1.

3. Tom

Tom Regular Member

Some sales still are going on. Maybe not 40-75 percent off, but they still go on.

4. 2dub

2dub Regular Member

I avoid black Friday like the plague. I actually did all of my Christmas shopping yesterday. My wife & made a list took a day off and got it done with out having to deal with all of the idiots. We got everything we wanted and came in under budget. We save the receipts in case something goes on sale and can get an adjustment.

5. Ryan

Ryan Regular Member

What is black friday? Do you al turn black or something? No sunlight?

6. Tom

Tom Regular Member

:lol: What, Ryan?

No, Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving, and many stores give great discounts on many items.

7. Ryan

Ryan Regular Member

Must be an American thing.

8. gnatster

gnatster Regular Member

First Name:
    Nathan
    Yes, tis a 'merican thing where lots of stores do all kinds of stupid things to draw in customers. The news covers it, the newspaper the day before is probably the biggest of the year as it's chock full of sales fliers.

Me, I stay at home and avoid the madness.

9. Dan Hutter

Dan Hutter aka Big Dan

No black Friday for me. You think I'm fighting all those rabid folks for 30% off on something?

Not to mention the fact that a lot of the advertised stuff isn't stocked well. Lots of stores only have 5-10 pieces of their biggest promotions everyone runs to get them and most wind up with nothing but figure I'm already here so I'll shop and buy stuff at regular price.

I'll shop as I usually do, online for the most part. No lines and less lies. :)

10. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

Remember the poor Walmart employee (or was it another store?) who was killed last year because customers practically busted the doors in to start shopping?

No thanks.

11. Tom

Tom Regular Member

Yes, he was trampled.

It's a little more civilized up here, with the exception of minor verbal attacks.

12. Shelley

Shelley Regular Member

Yeah I read about that poor guy who was stupid enough to open the doors to a herd of crazy elephants resulting in him being flattened like a 10 foot by 10 foot circular pancake. It's unfortunate to see in this day and age that 30%/50% whatever off refrains the crazy human from thinking and taking human life.

walmart - we give you 70% off and you get to mould our employees into a pancake and an early send off to the pinebox. I'm curious, would the coffin be circular shaped?

Anyway, no thanks, I prefer to be standing upright than flattened by crazy people not giving a second thought for human life.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2014
  13. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

haha amen to that Shelley.

14. Shelley

Shelley Regular Member

I forgot to mention for those ready to grab those bargains to bring the lemon juice. :unhunh: or syrup. LOL

You never know.....:D

Requesting the threadstarter to change thread title to "Pancake Friday"?

15. Ryan Ashbrook

Ryan Ashbrook Regular Member

I had to work Radioshack on Black Friday in '07.

An important part to that story... is the fact that we only had one Zune, and we told the people waiting outside...

So, no, I shall not be participating.

... then again, I may just participate so I can let the workers know that I really do feel their pain. It sucks being on the other side of that crap.