Big news at vBulletin.com...

Discussion in 'vBulletin Discussions' started by BirdOPrey5, Jan 21, 2014.

1. BirdOPrey5

BirdOPrey5 #Awesome

First Name:
    Joe
    I'm not going to pretend someone is a potential customer when they are not, Scott. And your analysis- don't care. Since TAZ has already been brought up (surprise surprise) you've made your feeling there completely clear- The facts don't matter to you- so you are also a lost cause.

When someone stands up and says the facts don't matter, there is no point in worrying about what else they have to say.

2. Joeychgo

Joeychgo Regular Member

I think it does, in theory. In practice though, I don't think IB has the ability to make it work. When I started with vb 10 years ago its something I would have considered. (think back to vb3 era vBulletin employees and management)

3. jmurrayhead

jmurrayhead Regular Member

First Name:
    Jason
    But you think other potential customers who come across that post will say, "yeah, that looks like a company I would want to do business with"?

4. Cerberus

Cerberus Admin Talk Staff

Vbcloud is a money grab pure and simple as people are no longer buying Vb licenses. And why should they? They have done nothing in a very long time to please their customer base. And this new idea only devalues their own customer's holdings. I have no idea who came up with this idea, but they are complete morons when it comes to sound business. It is going to fail and eventually probably be the straw that broke the camels back. Nothing anyone argues or says will prove this wrong. I dare Vbulletin to prove me wrong, I honestly hope they do. But, the company has been in a downfall ever since its acquisition by IB.

Just go look at the normal IB business model. It is not right for anything digital. They milk things for money. All they care about is the bottom line. You can not be that way in a service driven business. You have to eventually take care of the customers. They have yet to do that. The XF lawsuit was a farce, and now this is their hail mary. They should just read the writing on the wall. I honestly do not blame the staff, because some of them are good people. But, this whole we are going to push it till the world ends attitude is only alienating their customer base even more. They need a new strategy.

5. s.molinari

s.molinari Regular Member

I think you are a bit off about who is the lost cause.

Scott

oman, Iconic, we_are_borg and 2 others like this.
  6. Big al

Big al Regular Member

Spot on. The mental state of those who continue to promote VB/IB that is a lost cause, is apparent to any reasonable person.

Any who have an opposing view are called crazy, yet their actions clearly show who is really crazy.

I have never before come across any organization that has so many insecure mentally challenged individuals who work for them. VB/IB takes the top award for this accomplishment.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
    thewhatami likes this.
  7. BirdOPrey5

BirdOPrey5 #Awesome

First Name:
    Joe
    I have been contacted by PM at various sites from such people who read posts here and on TAZ who praise me for having the patience to remain as level headed as I do in face of such negativity and obvious bias. The truth easily shines through all the muck people try to dig up. These same people said they would not dare defend VB themselves because they wouldn't be able to handle the wrath that would follow.

8. Lizard King

Lizard King Regular Member

LOL Joe with this performance you don't need the job on vBulletin , just start a stand up show and you'll make way way more money LOL

9. jmurrayhead

jmurrayhead Regular Member

First Name:
    Jason
    That sounds like people who are already customers and fail to realize or refuse to realize the truth behind vBulletin's failings. Obvious bias? The negativity is coming from people who used to love using vBulletin. It's coming from people who witnessed a dramatic change for the worse for the software after incompetent management took over. I don't really call that bias, I call it learning from being burned one too many times.

Big al, BamaStangGuy and thewhatami like this.
  10. Cerberus

Cerberus Admin Talk Staff

LMAO When have you ever been level headed? Also, there is no negative bias. Vbulletin is doing a very shitty job. People voice their opinion because their shitty job affects them. If they were doing a better job, there would not be such a large outcry in the community about what is going on with the company. Obviously, your job depends on you defending the product, so in doing so you are doing your job. You are owed no praise for doing what you are paid to do that is stupid. If you are paid to do a job, and you take the money, shut up and do your job. Do not act like you are some messiah or something. Vbulletin is in turmoil and the product has become shit.

At one time I owned over 100+ Vbulletin licenses. I have been an advocate for them for damn near a decade. You can google my posts on various sites. There was no bigger fanboy than I, and now I am saying these things because they are true. No negative bias. And I assume everyone else is doing the same. You act like people are going around on purpose in order to attack the company and or product. They are not, it is not their fault it turned to shit. It is the staff and the owners.

Big al likes this.
  11. we_are_borg

we_are_borg Regular Member

First Name:
    Jeroen
    So you are now a fortuneteller and know who and who not will take the cloud service Internet Brands must be happy with you that you have that gift.

Big al and s.molinari like this.
  12. thewhatami

thewhatami Regular Member

First Name:
    Mike
    In all the many years I've posted on various forums, and a poster gets themselves in a mess by posting nonsense in a particular thread, and they then throw in the 'I've received loads of PMs of support', they always get ridiculed, because no one ever believes them.

All they would need to post is something like, "well I am happy with vB, I think they are great", no need to get involved beyond that, which is why I doubt you have received more than half a dozen PMs of support, if any.

A more honest line would be, "The truth easily shines through all the marketing bullshit, misleading information and outright lies published by vB and their various employees & contractors."

That's why vB sales are nose-driving, as demonstrated by their crumbling market-share, the massive numbers converting to xF & IPB, lack of posts both on vB.com & vB.org, amongst other evidence out there.

The business is failing, they can't sell vB5 so they have decided to basically rent it out by launching vB Cloud, over-looking the basic problem - the product is total crap.

Big al and jmurrayhead like this.
  13. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Funny how you always have these tales to tell, with no proof. And Joe, your only vB contractor same as Mark.B. So why you running around all these Admin Forums acting like a Internet Brands employed PR rep?

14. s.molinari

s.molinari Regular Member

To all those people who support Joe in his cause to constantly point out how the "haters" are wrong with their reasons for hating, please stand up! We don't bite. We are actually caring (ex)customers still with a passion for what is right for a once great product. If you have opposing views, we can respect them, we just might not agree with them and certainly there is absolutely no wrath from us to fear. We can't reach through the Internet connection and pull out your tonsils you know.;)

Hmm....somehow I have a feeling I am speaking to an empty room.

Now this is a good one. The truth shining through the muck OTHER people try do dig up? OMG!:eek: :confused:I am dying here. :D This is so sad and ridiculous, it is so hilarious. I think Lizard Kind is right. You should be a comedian.

Because.....

There is no need for anyone of us to dig Joe. You yourself are standing knee deep in the muck made by the company you work for. It seems like it is you who wants to see that muck as some green pasture, when in fact, the reality, the truth, is clearly a very poor situation.

Scott

Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
    Big al and thewhatami like this.
  15. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Regular Member

Joe, I was one of the biggest advocates for vBulletin. My post count at vBulletin.com clearly demonstrates that. As of today, I have 9965 posts on vBulletin.com and am one of the top three non-support staff in posts (17th overall).

If you want the truth, then let's read the writing on the wall over at vbtruth.com

So far they called Internet Brands out on everything, and thus far, in my humble opinion, they were right.

The negativity and bias is justified. Why? Because Internet Brands is operating without any reputation from its customers now. By burning us, the customers, we now refuse to believe anything Internet Brands says. The 90/10 ratios still very much apply here.

90% of anyone's business comes from 10% of their customer base. The ones who were the loudest were the 10%. We all walked away and went to XenForo.

16. thewhatami

thewhatami Regular Member

First Name:
    Mike
    At first I was going to disagree on this point, because he's clearly not acting like a [professional] PR rep.

But, then I re-read it and saw you said an IB employed PR rep, so I'll give you that one, on the basis that IB clearly hasn't a clue when it comes to public relations.

17. BirdOPrey5

BirdOPrey5 #Awesome

First Name:
    Joe
    :(

Maybe because these are my true feelings and like I've been saying my position as VB Support has little bearing on how I feel or how I would be acting. If anything I would feel more free to be more blunt and combative than I already am.

18. BamaStangGuy

BamaStangGuy Administrator

Well put.

Big al likes this.
  19. Big al

Big al Regular Member

I think it is about time that the morons who keep posting as staff for VB/IB wake up to what is actually going on in the real world.

There are so many decent, honest, experienced and straightforward people now all saying similar things on so many sites that they just cannot all be wrong.

VB support staff: WAKE UP!! Look around, come out of your little cocoon of sycophants and take notice of what the most important people in the world (CUSTOMERS) are saying, ignore them at your peril.

Stop supporting the morons who USED to care but are now being exposed for the cretins they really are.

Guys/gals if the great majority of people keep saying the same things, then it would be smart to consider that they could be correct.

Many honest customers have cared enough to post their valid comments in a bid to help VB to once again become great, but all these attempts are being undermined by the attitude and deceit practised by those who were given the powers to do the right thing but as is being seen on a daily basis, are totally incompetent in their designated roles.

I and many others have been insulted, called trolls and wrongfully restricted in what we can post, yet everything we have said has been proven to be truthful and accurate.

Many dictators and their ilk have, over the years tried to censor the truth, all have ultimately failed and so shall you.

we_are_borg likes this.
  20. Big al

Big al Regular Member