Big news at vBulletin.com...

Discussion in 'vBulletin Discussions' started by BirdOPrey5, Jan 21, 2014.

1. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Well... them not posting on a few admin forums has played into their hands, because things has gone a lot more quiet on them since they stopped posting. Something I'm sure they're aware of, and are having the last laugh doing it.

2. Big al

Big al Regular Member

Possibly, but it has not been a rip snorting launch by all accounts.

3. signal500

signal500 Regular Member

Seriously do you blame them for not posting to these sites any more? Every post they make is just a fiasco waiting to happen, and who needs all the useless noise if people are really interested in getting things turned around?

AWS likes this.
  4. Autopilot

Autopilot Regular Member

Really? It took less time than that for people to start talking about vB5 being a failure.

5. thewhatami

thewhatami Regular Member

First Name:
    Mike
    I don't think anyone is interested in getting vB turned around, well Internet Brands certainly isn't, so why should anyone else be?

As for vB staff posting on admin forums, as you say every post they make is a fiasco, because at the end of the day trying to defend the indefensible is never going to work.

Big al and s.molinari like this.
  6. s.molinari

s.molinari Regular Member

Exactly.

Scott

7. Terry

Terry Regular Member

I bet you are a barrel of laughs when out on the town .. :rolleyes:

8. Big al

Big al Regular Member

I am sure we are all very excited about the three staff members who are pleased with its features.

9. CM30

CM30 Regular Member

Agreed. The fact only three staff members, a troll site and one random customer are actually using vBulletin.net kind of suggests that the 'target demographic' doesn't really give a toss about vBulletin Cloud.

The vB staff members talking about this remind me of Richard Nixon going on about the silent majority. Except oh wait, there was far more of a silent majority when it came to his politics than there is somehow loving vBulletin and Internet Brands.

Seriously, the vB staff and IB make Nintendo's current management (aka Satoru Iwata) look rather competent by comparison. At least the people running Nintendo at the moment know there's a problem with the Wii U and are desperately trying to fix it, even if they do like saying 'please understand' after yet another delay or game drought. IB by comparison are acting with their heads in the sand and badly failing to try and persuade people that their catastrophic business decisions and failures are actually successful.

Note: This was said to Signal500 and not myself.

Heh, this made me laugh a bit. It also made me realise how a significant amount of people in these conversations (including the one quoted by Terry in said post) never seem to actually show any signs of actually running a forum, making their defence of or attack of IB seem rather suspicious...

Autopilot likes this.
  10. Big al

Big al Regular Member

The rot seems to be fully entrenched in VB/IB now. I feel sorry for the few (very few) staff members who are caught up in the dismal fail that is VB (not counting the trio of fail, I think they are now a lost cause. )

The sensible thing for the good guys to do is to look at moving to an organization that cares, not only for the customers but for their staff. Currently they are headed nowhere and their skills are just being squandered with an organization that just does not care.

Autopilot likes this.
  11. pixelek

pixelek Regular Member

It would become bestseller long before first copy hits market :-)

Autopilot and Big al like this.
  12. s.molinari

Is it possible to create a forum with vBCloud and give it a subdomain from your own site? If yes, how does that work?

Or asked differently, can a customer use their own URL at all or must all sites currently be under a subdomain of vbulletin.net?

Scott

13. AWS

AWS Administrator

First Name:
    Bob
    You can use your own domain and since you can use your own domain you should be able to use a sub-domain as well.

14. s.molinari

So basically, there might be customers who use the service, who we couldn't find over the vbulletin.net domain then. Ok.

Need to ask SneakyDave if he actually saw a possibility to add his own domain. I have a funny feeling, the possibility/ functionality isn't actually in place (yet) and there is absolutely no documentation about vBCloud anywhere. Or do you know that for sure Bob?

Scott

15. AWS

AWS Administrator

First Name:
    Bob
    I don't know it for sure, but, I did see Wayne post it was possible and can be done. I think he actually told the user how to do it by creating a cname in DNS.

16. BirdOPrey5

BirdOPrey5 #Awesome

First Name:
    Joe
    Even if every vbulletin.net site was indexed in Google, which they are not, you would miss all the sites who use their own domain.

Yes customers can (and do) use their own domain. They can setup a cname record to point to a temporary URL we assign to their forum.

17. CM30

CM30 Regular Member

So how come absolutely no one can find even one example of a customer using their own domain with vBulletin Cloud? After all, it only offers vBulletin 5, so unless absolutely everyone who uses your service just happens to buy branding removal and is good enough to completely nuke all references to vB 5 from the code, you'd think the sites would be cropping up for vB 5 searches at least.

Really though, you don't honestly believe vBulletin 5 has lots of legitimate fans, right? Please?

Big al likes this.
  18. Terry

Terry Regular Member

Something else that isn't straight forward from VB/IB ..

Big al likes this.
  19. Paul M

Paul M Dr Pepper Addict

Its perfectly straight forward, thats how DNS works.

20. CM30

CM30 Regular Member

The point here is though, vB 5 on vB Cloud + a domain should still come up if you search the internet for 'powered by vBulletin 5' or something similar.

Very few sites do, so logic suggests that vBulletin 5 Cloud (and vBulletin 5 in general) just has no popularity.

Big al likes this.