Big news at vBulletin.com...

Discussion in 'vBulletin Discussions' started by BirdOPrey5, Jan 21, 2014.

1. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Guess that makes sense about supporting multiple versions and have to be seen offering the very latest vB version on the cloud hosting.

2. Big al

Big al Regular Member

How many are now using VB cloud. How is it working out for all those who are using it.

3. signal500

signal500 Regular Member

Because its a cancer on this community and many others. Especially for those of us who check in once or twice weekly looking for something maybe a little useful.

GTB and BirdOPrey5 like this.
  4. jmurrayhead

jmurrayhead Regular Member

First Name:
    Jason
    You're just going to have to deal with it or learn to ignore such threads.

5. GTB

GTB Regular Member

I hear what you're saying, I wouldn't disagree. But unfortunately, not much posting goes on these days on admin forums unless bashing vBulletin. But agree, it does get a bit tedious keep seeing it, especially so on TAZ with one new vB bashing topic started after another. Where I've noticed they're now trying to bring IPB4 into the bashing arena of late with one or two new topics started about that.

The problem today is a lot of admin forums use "negativity" to get people posting. Otherwise, frankly, not much is going on with them.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
  6. thewhatami

thewhatami Regular Member

First Name:
    Mike
    Every time I see this thread title, I can't help thinking it should be changed to something a little more honest, such as 'There's a whimper at vBulletin'.

jmurrayhead and AWS like this.
  7. Terry

Terry Regular Member

But without such "negativity" as you call it, forums such as this and TAZ wouldn't last two minutes. Be honest wouldn't you rather read and see what is happening to a badly run company than to come here and read a "What are you reading at the moment" thread?

Big al likes this.
  8. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Didn't say I don't enjoy reading them, they give me a laugh at times with what people say. And understand they are needed to keep discussion going on admin forums.

9. CM30

CM30 Regular Member

I think this article sums it up:

http://www.feverbee.com/2010/11/motivation.html

Admin Talk is currently doing well because it basically is that gossip community. That's the kind of talk people on admin forums actually want, and it's why vBulletin's woes are such a popular topic of conversation. Bit like how the whole town ends up talking about someone suspected of having an affair. Or how they end up going on about that giant fight/riot/disaster/whatever that caused thousands of pounds/dollars worth of damage and sent about twenty people to the hospital. Drama and gossip is fun. It's why forums dedicated to it usually take off pretty fast.

jmurrayhead likes this.
  10. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Think both Taz and here come under the gossip label. Whereas, Admin Extra appears to want to avoid it and stay much more related to talking mainly about XenForo in a "positive" light. Why that forum for me isn't drawing much interest from people. Not that XF isn't popular, but it's not a gossip forum and tries to avoid it really.

So unless your an XF fan, people in general wouldn't be that interested in it.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
  11. Big al

Big al Regular Member

How many are now using vBulletin cloud?

12. s.molinari

s.molinari Regular Member

It is hard to tell for sure, but I could only find one new customer above and beyond SneakyDave's test site and the 3 sites from the support staff.

http://shadetreemuscle.vbulletin.net/

Scott

13. Big al

Big al Regular Member

Maybe one of the staff members on VB can give us an up to date number.

To show us how successful it has been.

14. Joeychgo

Joeychgo Regular Member

I asked Joe this - he said he's not allowed to share sales data

Big al likes this.
  15. Big al

Big al Regular Member

Yet VB/IB seem happy to mention many times that they have (had) over 100,000 vb customers. Mind you we have not seen any current numbers.

I am sure that IF the cloud (fiasco) was popular they would be breaking their necks to announce the numbers.

16. Joeychgo

Joeychgo Regular Member

17. Big al

Big al Regular Member

It seems that the trio of fail as VB staff members have all run away and are hiding now, as they have gone very quiet in posting on here.

Like most bullies they can dish it out when they have some mod buttons to hide behind but cannot stand up when there is a level playing field.

18. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Yep, I only see Cyber Police, Scrotnig, morallybankrupt and that shadetreemuscle site being listed. But there are more and it can take google a bit to index them. Some other are not being listed by google that are out there.

Keep in mind it's only been about 2 weeks since vBCloud went live, and it takes google time to index new sites.

19. Big al

Big al Regular Member

I do not know how many sales are involved to make vBcloud viable but so far sales seems to be very low indeed.

I suspect it is in the VERY low double digits. Indications are that this is yet another fail for VB/IB.

20. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Judging something to be a failure after only 2 weeks live, well... it's jumping the gun a bit.