Best Way To Earn Revenue

Discussion in 'Monetization Techniques' started by SpacewardAsh, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

Yea it is :) Back on topic now.

Whats the best way to earn revenue for you?

2. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

I haven't tried to run Adbrite on my community, or any of my sites ever - does it perform better than Adsense on forums?

3. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

Not as good, but its a better alternative than others.

4. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

Kontera and/or Infolinks are good as well - has anyone tried them? Kontera used to perform pretty good for me, not anymore.

5. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

I used infolinks on my previous gaming site, but not on here as that is kinda like a popup ad and is not really professonal for an admin forum to have ads like it.

6. John15

John15 Regular Member

Yea I dont like hyperlink ads like that. They are pretty annoying.

7. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

Yea, and you really don't make much from using them. You are best off with Adsense or Adbrite.

8. deansaliba

deansaliba Regular Member

Adspace I think it is the best method. If you are a new forum then use Adsense (or someone like Smowtion) until you are big enough to attract advertisers.

Kaiser likes this.
  9. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

Yea definitely, Adsense is a good way to start of. Thats how I did.

10. Dani Filth

Dani Filth Regular Member

Premium memberships are the top forum monetizers. You can think of unique membership names and split it into levels and you can earn more. Or sell e-books.

11. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

I see people making more money from selling adspace then premium membership, same in my case.

12. moneymakingmom

moneymakingmom Regular Member

Same here. I used Adbrite on my free movie blog awhile back and earned just about $30 a month. The only reason I took Adbrite down was cause the ad code was messed up and kept running scripts every time a page loaded.

After awhile, my blog went from just about 1,000 visitors a day to barely 100. The pages would barely load. Once I took the destructive ad code down, my traffic returned. Thinking about it now, I could try getting new ad code from Adbrite. They might have been experiencing a bug with code. It's been awhile. Sometimes, these things spontaneously resolve. While I'm at it, I might test out the ad code with a different template.

13. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

Have you tried selling adspace? That has been a good source of income for me after moving on from adsense and adbrite.

14. moneymakingmom

More recently, I've found success with Adsense on my sites, but I don't like all the little details in the terms of service.

I sold ad space on one of my cooking/recipe site a few years back, but not more recently. I liked the freedom of owning my own ad space and selling it out to whomever I wanted and not having to bow down to Google Adsense and conform to their every rule or whim. And, Google Adsense can ban you on so many tiny technical issues, like not posting a privacy policy. It's hard to keep up. But, I really might go back to selling my own ad space. More freedom to post about what I want without worrying about infractions.

Kaiser likes this.
  15. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

Thats exactly why I left it adsense. As my site grows my adspace prices grow, so selling adspace never hurts... and I always find people who are interested in buying regardless of my prices. And generally they are low anyway.

moneymakingmom likes this.
  16. moneymakingmom

Personally, I think you are sitting on a goldmine with this forum. Still so much untapped money making potential that will make itself known as time goes along. This is only the beginning of good things.

Kaiser likes this.
  17. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

Thanks for the compliment :) Well I don't do it for the money as its a passion and genuine love I have for running AdminBB. Anything I earn is just a bonus and it helps me pay for hosting and extras for AdminBB.

moneymakingmom likes this.