Best forum software?

Discussion in 'Community Forum Software' started by NadJ, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Big al

Big al Regular Member

One can discuss the pros and cons for any forum software ad infinitum, but one of the deciding factors now is the organization behind them and the attitude to customers from the staff and management.

I believe that people like those who own XenForo, CARE about their software AND their customers, while VB/IB has become a standing joke as far as CARE for customers is concerned.

Ergo we now see the large numbers of customers voting with their feet and moving to other organizations that DO care.

A.Chakery likes this.
  2. Superboy

Superboy Most Likely, I'm Insane.

For me it is still IPB > Xenforo

I wouldn't be shocked to see me running IPB 4,0 when it is released Gold lol We're about 10-11 days since converting to Xenforo and while I am noticing some great benefits, there is a lot of frustrations I am having(that didn't exist when I use IPB) as well as less help I noticed. I blamed it on the fact i was stuck in a IPB mindset and not being open, but I am beginning to think that's not it.

I am working with my friend to help him set up his first forum. He didn't want free like i suggested.We sat down and checked out Vbulletin sites(Naruto forums and other anime sites), then IPB and then Xenforo.

For him, he liked the fact tha Xenforo feels so smooth and modern and doesn't look the typical forum. Vbulletin felt like "Something our parents would use in their teen years" lol but he liked IPB because he said it felt like a complete product and he is now a proud owner of IPS license now..

Andrew B. likes this.