Banned from vBulletin!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Mark.B, May 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

Very good! I didn't know that there was an arcade for MyBB. It's moving on up!

2. MsJac

MsJac Adept

First Name:
    Jacquii
    Hmmm - this is an interesting thread... Interestingly enough I have never had any problems at all with Kerry-Anne -- I've always thought she was a laidback, generally kewl person. This thread is somewhat of a surprise.

I have had horrid run-ins with other staff members of the .org -- in fact I'm quite used to simply referring to them as The [****][****][****][****]wads. There's an interesting blog post at JacquiiDesigns that refers to when I was banned and the support ticket I filed at the .com afterwards -- also a link to an interestingly blase photocap of a thread I started at the .com a few weeks back in response to a censure from that ass of a "Coordinator" Marco... ((It was deleted from public view with no commentary coming from any .com/.org Staff personnel...)) Both could surely make for some funny reading :)

At anyrate - the concept of you being banned and blablabla - is not very surprising to me in the least. As someone who has experienced the level of bullshit that goes on at the .org = not surprising at all.

Anyway - Welcome to AA Mark :)

Jacquii.

3. Mike

Mike Adept

First Name:
    Mike
    Those that know me are aware that I rarely mince words with others and, sorry to say, I find this is one of those times. I can easily imagine someone like Peggy cringing when she sees this post.

How sad to see a thread like this carry on as it has. And how disappointing to see administrative members not only allowing the thread to continue, but also participating in the thread.

Am I the only one that feels this thread has evolved because of your own personal vendetta against Kerry-Anne?

Nick, I am genuinely sorry to see you decide to lower your standards the way you have. When I see someone so willing to pillory individuals in public, my immediate concern is how others (myself included) might be pilloried in private. You've stepped onto a slippery slope.

You know, some people will sit in a darkened room and complain. And some people will light a candle to bring light into the room. Have you ever considered applying this rhetoric to the powers that be at vB, rather than spinning your wheels in another venue? Complaining here really doesn't address the issue at all, does it?

I agree with you Kevin. This type of 'sniping' is a pretty good indication of an individual's character, isn't it?

So what you're saying here is that you loaded her gun for her? And you are upset she used it against you? I'll not question why you are surprised, as I've already found your line of reasoning to be rather parabolic.

Apologies for expressing my own opinion here, but if you 'couldn't care less', I see no clear reason for belaboring the issue as you have.

So she wins, whether you realize it or not. Because she has succeeded in dragging you down to that same level. There are times in Life when we are called to be the bigger person, for no other reason than it being the right thing to do.

I question your suggesting this forum is one where threads like this are acceptable. This is a forum targeting forum admins, you are right in that. But I would certainly like to think that people who decided to set themselves up to lead their own communities would be people who could conduct themselves with much more honor and dignity than this thread has demonstrated.

I realize this post will not be a popular one, but I had already found the previous posts pretty dire. I once held high hopes for this community's future and looked forward to participating here, but discussions of this type are rapidly changing my views. That is a genuine disappointment to me.

4. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

You're right, I did cringe, Mike. But I also happen to agree. :(

5. Mark.B

Mark.B Guest

Well I'll try to take your points inline.
    No. If I had a vendetta, I'd surely have attacked her in some way in the ensuing four years since she was chucked off my site.
    I can see your point, but Nick's a member as well as an admin. I'd rather read his views than have them tucked away out of site.
    Since I had been banned from vb at the time, that's hardly feasible.
    Yes it is. It is indicative that unlike some I won't simply lie down and accept it with a shrug of the shoulders. And events have proved me right in that view.
    No, I'm saying prior to that I had never had the need to post controversial views on vb.com. When I did she jumped on it. She was always going to apply the strict letter of the law to me because she'll have seen it as sweet revenge. More fool me for giving her that "ammunition", but the need to say what I had to say outweighed that concern.
    Why apologise, this is a forum for opinions to be expressed, I'm as interested to read your opinion disagreeing with me as I am to read people who agree.
    I wanted to highlight what had happened. At the time it was unresolved. It is, to all intents and purposes, resolved now, though I still don't post on vb.com any more because I have no confidence in doing so.
    Being the bigger person is less important than highlighting something that matters.
    We will have to disagree on that one. I think the thread was relevant.
    I think to make that judgement on the back of one thread you dislike is harsh. This is just one of many threads. No site can please every member all of the time.

6. Nick

Nick Regular Member

Firstly, I'd like to say that I am sorry this thread is turning into a melting pot of diminishing hopes in regards to AdminAddict's success. This single thread should not serve as an entire representation of who we are and what we stand for.
    We strive to be a fun and informative community where administrators can gather advice and resources needed to successfully manage their own communities.
    We ask that if you ever have concerns with a thread or post on the forum, please report it or contact an administrator privately. We revolve around the community - not ourselves - so your input, as a member, is crucial to AdminAddict's ongoing success. Without it, we wouldn't be who we are.

The way I'm seeing it, there haven't been many personal attacks made in this thread. That is the one thing I cannot stand or tolerate. Mark and I were simply sharing experiences that have actually happened to us; it's not speculation, assumption or false accusation.

Now to address some specific points:
    The truth is that everybody is entitled to their respect, and so am I. When that line is crossed, all is lost. Although I could have kept my comments to myself, I felt the need to express my thoughts on this matter. I do indeed regret doing so, but I don't see the need for others to now become concerned as to how they are regarded.

I wasn't complaining at all and I didn't intend to imply that I was. I really couldn't care less how Kerry-Anne handles the community, as long as I still receive the support I need from vB.com. I was simply stating my mere observations and experiences I've had with her, as it seemed to be the topic of interest.

-

This thread is not a matter of being right or being wrong; it's about personal opinions and experiences.

Again, I'm sorry that some offense and concerns have stemmed from this thread, and I apologize for any personally-offensive comments I may have made.

I'm not going to invest a lot of time in my reply just to summarize this thread, but I believe it has indeed run its course, and as such, it is appropriate that I close it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.