Banned from vBulletin!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Mark.B, May 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boss

Boss Resident Silly Man

First Name:
    Alex
    Yo Nick, you might want to add Kerry-Anne or whatever her username is to the banned list here. People like that shouldn't be allowed to use forums.

Sorry for your troubles, Mark. I hope things clearout with Jelsoft, welcome to the forums though! :)

I'm sure once vB customers get treated like this they'll start moving onto different bulletin brands.

2. Nick

Nick Regular Member

Boss, as strongly as I feel towards Kerry-Anne, I'd never do such a thing. Everybody gets a fair shot and has the right to start fresh on each community they take part in. At least that's my philosophy. I try and strive for fairness.

I'm sure your remark consisted of a bit of sarcasm, though. ;)

3. 50calray

50calray Grand Master

First Name:
    Ray
    If it was me, I would start sending out certified letters to Internet Brands. They acquired vBulletin about a year ago.

Corporate Office:

Internet Brands, Inc.
    909 North Sepulveda Blvd., 11th Floor
    El Segundo, CA 90245

800-692-2200

Internet Brands: Cars, Mortgage, Real Estate, & Travel

I would explain to them that you legally acquired a licensed product through one of their sub-companies and that one of their employees is interfering with your business in a malicious way. And if it doesn't stop you will be forced to take legal action.

But again, that is just me :D

4. Boss

Boss Resident Silly Man

First Name:
    Alex
    It did, but I don't like power driven people as much as the next person.

Bingo.

5. Mark.B

Mark.B Guest

I agree with Nick here. I wouldn't want anyone taking my word alone on Kerry-Anne. we didn't get on but maybe there's a personality clash. Perhaps she's brilliant the rest of the time!

100% fairness is always the way to go. As I mentioned earlier, it sometimes means we get stung by idiots on my site but I'd still rather that than be heavy handed and censorious.

I can't remember the last time I quoted my rules at anyone. They are there if we need them, but they are routinely broken in a minor way because it's no big deal, but sometimes you just need them there as a backup.

6. 50calray

50calray Grand Master

First Name:
    Ray
    That is my take on Steve as well. The guy probably answers the same questions a 100 times an hour.

7. Boss

Boss Resident Silly Man

First Name:
    Alex
    Yeah. I used to think the same of Invision till I realized the staff answer the same thing a thousand times a month probably. I'm somewhat buddies with Farber and I know that they're as busy as a bee from the minute they walk into work till the minute they leave.

8. 50calray

50calray Grand Master

First Name:
    Ray
    The chances of this person causing problems on this board or any other board they don't control is slim to none. These people generally act like a you know what on boards they control.

9. Mark.B

Mark.B Guest

She did cause trouble on mine in 2004 though, she got banned, and I hardly EVER ban people.

She also got banned from Paul M's Cableforum the same year.

Then she turns up at Jelsoft. It was a bit of a shock, and it's no great surprise she took things out on me like this.

10. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

I like Steve. He's never been anything but helpful and respectful with me.
    I've only dealt with Kerry Anne on vBulletin.org.

11. Mark.B

Mark.B Guest

Interestingly, Kerry-Anne's vb.com username has been changed back to "Peterska2" and she has lost her vB team avatar.

However her name is still showing in showgroups as a super moderator.

Quite what's going on here is anyone's guess. I have to say, I hope she's resigned or been given the chop. She is out of sync with the rest of the team.

12. Tom

Tom Regular Member

Welcome to Admin Addict, Mark.B - I hope you enjoy yourself.

Sorry about your treatment over at the vB forums. But I'm glad to see you've been unbanned.

13. Ryan

Ryan Regular Member

Maybe it is sign? Moderating big forums where you get asked the same question 5 times a day sends you insane? Is this what happened to Kerry-Anne?!

14. Chris

Chris Regular Member

I think she's just an all-in-all irritable person.

15. Tom

Tom Regular Member

I wonder if she'll be demoted.

16. Nick

Nick Regular Member

I just noticed this. :giggle:

17. Chris

Chris Regular Member

Well, we'll just have to see now, won't we? I'm interested in seeing how this whole situation turns out to be in the end.

18. Tom

Tom Regular Member

Me too..

Someone will have to keep me posted, because I am not a member of either forums, yet.

19. 50calray

50calray Grand Master

First Name:
    Ray
    That is what it sounds like to me.

Anyhow, I'm sure after a while of people complaining something has to happen. I mean we're talking about a business and not a small discussion board.

20. Mark.B

Mark.B Guest

Well this morning she was still showing as a super-mod.

I can't check from where I am now, I am on a laptop where I suspect I'm still logged in to vbulletin.com, I am not going to visit the place logged in any more, all this business has left a sour taste in the mouth.

It does make you wonder what on Earth they saw in Kerry Anne in the first place. They say they only "invite" people they think would be good...what did she ever do? She hadn't been there five minutes and a quick check on her history elsewhere would soon have set alarm bells ringing.

There are numerous people on there who would be more suitable for that job.

Perhaps they'll replace Kerry Anne with that "Hawksgirl" (who now uses a different name but it's the one with allfooty.com in their sig). That'd just about make my day, she sent me abusive reps over there. Lovely!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.