AS incredibly slow

Discussion in 'Admin Talk Support & Feedback' started by jadedskies, Apr 12, 2001.

1. jadedskies

jadedskies Regular Member

I've had enormous trouble getting into AS over the last couple of days. Yesterday afternoon, and this morning, I've tried to load the main forum page, and it's been unbearably slow. Yesterday, I went off and read for an hour or so, and when I came back, it had loaded down as far as General Tech and then given up. I just stopped it after fifteen minutes or so this morning, and it had only loaded down as far as Food and Drink. What's causing it to be so damn slow? I'm hoping this'll send *this* year...

------------------
    PsychoticIckyThing
    AlienSoup Mod

PsychoticIckyThing.Com

2. Prox

Prox Regular Member

Ive been having the same problem. Is there something wrong with the server. or is it this loaner computer of mine.

------------------
    Mother Should I Trust The Government - Pink Floyd

Everything under the sun is in tune but the sun is eclipsed by the moon - Pink Floyd

Those times I burned my guitar it was like a sacrafice. You sacrafice the things you love. I love my guitar - Jimi Hendrix

3. Goshzilla

Goshzilla Regular Member

I couldn't get on most of day and later on it was too slow to get anywhere, but it seems perfectly fine now. Guess whatever it was got fixed.

------------------
    --Dann
    This pig will walk on the water
    This pig will walk on the sea
    This pig will walk whereever he wants
    Walk on me

4. jadedskies

jadedskies Regular Member

Ahh, good to know it's not on my end.

------------------
    PsychoticIckyThing
    AlienSoup Mod

PsychoticIckyThing.Com

5. ukliam

ukliam Regular Member

It was slow for me last night as well.
    On a side note Alien, I checkout out the other forums and they were fine, pages loaded quickly.
    Could be a problem with the cgi-bin setup.
    Probably worth checking with interserver.

------------------

6. Alien

Alien Regular Member

Yes, it was severely slow.. Pages would take minutes to load, and that was when they loaded at all.

This was caused by a connection problem with an uplink at VDI. Hopefully it will continue to run smooth as it seems to have today so far.

------------------
    "I occasionally think how quickly our differences worldwide would vanish if we were facing an alien threat from outside this world. And yet, I ask, is not an alien force ALREADY among us?" - Ronald Reagan

"...is there anyway that I could get some sort of higher limit for my box?" - KNS