Are your sites HTML5 ready?

Discussion in 'Web Development and Programming' started by bosconian, Aug 13, 2013.

1. bosconian

bosconian Regular Member

To tell you the truth I haven't switched over HTML5 yet. It's been around for a few years now but I haven't developed anything in HTML5. The only stuff I made where a few tests with the video tag some time in 2009.

And how about you? Are you creating HTML5 sites?

2. CM30

CM30 Regular Member

Yeah, every site I make now uses HTML 5. Except forums, because I feel that recoding EVERYTHING in IPB or XenForo would be absolute hell.

3. Joeychgo

Joeychgo Regular Member

Its not exactly a mad rush to get it done -- 153 Fortune 500 companies have implemented HTML5 on their corporate websites. http://www.incore.com/Fortune500HTML5/#infographic

That's not even a third, and we're talking about companies that have the resources to do the conversion much easier then most of us.

4. CM30

CM30 Regular Member

That... doesn't really mean much to be honest. No offence, but the fact they didn't change doesn't mean they don't like HTML 5 or want to, just that they're using legacy systems which use XHTML 1.0 transitional and don't want to have to recode all the templates and stuff or switch to a new system.

It's fine not to switch to HTML 5 if you don't feel like it or you're using a system that isn't built with it in mind.

5. thebrad

thebrad Regular Member

I haven't and i don't think i will be because i am so familar with html that i wouldn't really know html5..

6. bauss

bauss Regular Member

I agree with that. But it has to be done eventually. I'm going to wait awhile before I get everything recoded into HTML5.

7. CM30

CM30 Regular Member

It has to be done, but honestly, I think it's more likely for me that IPB will make the fourth version valid and I hence won't have to recode everything.