Are traffic exchanges a good way to get views in the beginning?

Discussion in 'SEO, Traffic and Revenue' started by dexterlablab1, Feb 27, 2012.

1. dexterlablab1

dexterlablab1 Regular Member

As someone VERY new to the game myself, I'd like to ask some of you veterans about traffic exchanges.

Would you actually suggest them for maybe a forum that's not even a month old (such as mine)? And if so, how would you actually rate the quality of said traffic?

2. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

What do you mean by traffic exchanges? Sites that you browse other sites, and your visits go up? If that's the case, I'd say its not worth it. You'd be better off building your traffic from getting links on other forums/blogs.

3. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    Don't worry about the "quick traffic" deals.
    It's very easy to fire a site with proxies and make it look active.
    I would suggest post exchanges and asking your friends or others interested in your niche, to help out with content.

4. BJTheCoder

BJTheCoder Regular Member

Traffic exchange is a waste of time since everyone is only interested in promoting their site, people just visit ur site not because they interested, but just to earn points to put theirs on the map.

5. Carlos

Carlos Regular Member

I get these e-mails from website staff members asking to do these three way linking, double linking, and whatnot. At first I almost jumped at the opportunity. In fact, I almost did in fact get into an agreement with one of them until I researched the site, and business.... Afterwards, I said no to every single one of them since then.