Are Blogs Worth it?

Discussion in 'Web Development and Programming' started by Freshfroot, Nov 12, 2010.

1. Silly

Silly Regular Member

niche and micro niche blog are fine for me when looking for information

2. Homebody

Homebody Regular Member

Are you sure, Chase? I find everything you say interesting. I probably speak for alot of people here.

3. Chase

Chase Regular Member

Then you my friend, are easily entertained. :p

I have a somewhat interesting story, and I tend to think fairly outside the box a lot of the time, so I am somewhat unusual, but I'm not interesting enough to write a blog that I would find interesting enough to read. *squints* that made sense, right?

4. Homebody

Homebody Regular Member

No, but it was interesting!

5. Chase

Chase Regular Member

lol.

I'm unusual and therefore somewhat interesting, but not interesting enough to make an a blog worth reading. Better?

6. Monster

Monster Admin Talk Staff

Most people write their blogs not b/c they want to be thought of as interesting, but b/c they want to convey information to other people. ;)

7. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    +1

8. Homebody

Homebody Regular Member

Much. I'm not so sure I agree with the last half of the sentiment, but you have gained clarity in your sentence. I'm not pushing you to start a blog; it's just that I appreciate your comments.

---------- Post added at 08:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 AM ----------

I agree, Monster; certainly that seems to be the case at GF. But still more, I think, just want to connect in some way. There's a lot of journal-type blogs out there that chronicle people's life experiences. For those people it's more of a desire to validate their lives in a positive way, I think. Not because there's no way to validate it in their own lives, just that blogging is still another avenue to do so. Ultimately, I suppose, it comes down to one's choice of whether or not blogging is personally worthwhile, whether or not it fills a personal need of some sort, be it information dispensation or confirmation of one's life or any number of reasons a person might have, which would also include a practical desire to teach.

9. Chase

Chase Regular Member

Ah! Well then, in that case, I have no information that I feel the need to communicate with other people. :)

---------- Post added at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

Ah, well thanks all the same. :)

Yeah, it might be something that might have appealed to me moreso in my teens, when my attention-seeking was at its peak and self-worth at its lowest, but right now I feel no inkling to communicate my average day to day activities with the general public. I would probably feel more inclined to create a blog on my work or gardenning or something similarly lame. lol. But still, it feels like it would be a lot of work for something that I can't imagine getting much out of.

I'm certainly not meaning to make it out like I'm defending an arguement on the topic, just conversing. :)