Anyone have experience with "Microsoft Greetings Workshop"?

Discussion in 'Web Development and Programming' started by Soliloquy, Jul 18, 2009.

1. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Regular Member

I've been trying to help a user get her avatar set up, and last night had her email me the file so I could figure out the problem. She sent me a five megabyte PHP file; at first I thought she must have misunderstood and saved the page the image was on, so I made the mistake of trying to open it. After I recovered from that, I thought it must be a TIFF or BMP, and tried changing the extension and opening it in Photoshop and PSP. No dice. I asked her for more information about how she was viewing the file on her own computer, and she said it was in Microsoft Greetings Workshop. Does anyone know how I can direct this lady to save her image in a usable format?

2. Nick

Nick Regular Member

I used to use Greetings Workshop for homemade greeting cards, but not anymore. Sorry :(

3. doodles

doodles Adept

First Name:
    Lisa
    I have had a search, greetings workshop was later changed to picture it which had been discontinued, its does seem that microsoft left everyone in poop as they provided no way to convert the php file to anything else, although I do know that adobe audition will convert a php music file to mp3, so there maybe software out there but wouldn't be free. All the good free converters I looked at don't convert php.

4. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Regular Member

Thanks doodles, I'll see if I can talk her through choosing another picture that would work.