Anyone fancy making an official complaint about Internet Brands' false advertising of vBulletin?

Discussion in 'vBulletin Discussions' started by thewhatami, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Big al

Big al Regular Member

I can live with that. Nothing wrong with being polite.

2. BamaStangGuy

BamaStangGuy Administrator

Sarcasm is either lost on you or I applaud your smart ass reply.

3. Big al

Big al Regular Member

Thank you. You are getting the message it seems.

4. s.molinari

s.molinari Regular Member

Ding, ding, ding.

Laaaaaaaaadieeeeeeeeees and Gentlemen. Let's get ready to Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmbbbblllllllllllllee!

In the blue corner wearing a smug grin and camouflage pants is the one, the only, BIIIIIIIG, "I'll whack you with my posts" ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.

And now, fighting out of the red corner, weighing in at an insurmountable verbal weight, he is the master of sarcasm, the one and only....... BamaStaaaaaaaaannnnnnnggggggGuuuuuuuuuuuuuy!

LOL!

Shake hands guys and don't come out fighting!:D

:cool::whistle:

Scott

Big al likes this.
  5. Big al

Big al Regular Member

I did say:
    Notice the word "SEEMS"

I have nothing against Bama Stang Guy, Indeed I have liked many of his posts. I am quite happy to put this behind me if he wants to do the same.

I genuinely tried to help people with the details but I made a simple mistake. The idea though is still sound, to send in reports to the AT.

6. BamaStangGuy

I still have no idea who he is or what he actually does with forums. Just that he can't use Google or Wikipedia and he hates vBulletin.

BirdOPrey5 likes this.
  7. Big al

Big al Regular Member

I will try to explain. I post mainly on http://antifraudintl.org/ My username there is De Master Yoda. Many of my posts you can see without having to be a member. I and others spend our OWN money to run this site to aid victims. We fight scammers and those who steal from innocent victims. We also help where we can the victims of these scammers.
    We also work to stop the scammers from hurting people.

Due to the fact that I have closed down many of the scam websites of the scammers (this pisses them off) they have mounted a smear campaign against me and defame me on many sites.

I am also a staff member on another anti-fraud website. http://www.thescambaiters.com/ As Big AL. Hence I do have a LOT of posts elsewhere.

I do not hate VB or IB, but as you can see, I fight those who try to scam others and the propaganda and deception fr0m VB in its many forms strike me as needing to be exposed. As I have said a few times, If they do the right thing, then I will be happy to give them a pat on the back but whilst they continue to do the wrong thing then they need to be exposed.

I am quite happy to answer any questions you may have, as what I post on here is the truth and I am not hiding anything, with the possible exception of the details of confidential contacts. Yes this often gets up the nose of some people and they get upset.

Autopilot likes this.
  8. BamaStangGuy

I like how you stressed OWN like no one else on an admin site would understand that. All I know is that this is an admin forum and so far the people taking the center stage are employees of a forum software company and some guy on a crusade against scammers.

BirdOPrey5 likes this.
  9. Big al

Big al Regular Member

Yes I stress the word " OWN" as one of the scammer supporters that posts here has accused me of taking money. Yet the fact is that I and other use our own money to help others.

Is this wrong?

I am an admin and a VB license holder, so where is your problem.

I offered an olive branch, it is up to you whether you accept, it will not make any difference to my goals.

10. CM30

CM30 Regular Member

To Scott and his comments about 'finding a law they're breaking'... well, what if you complained or sued in the UK?

Because you could say they're breaking the advertising laws here, and they do have quite a few employees who happen to live in the country who could be charged...

Big al likes this.
  11. s.molinari

s.molinari Regular Member

The employees have nothing to do with the situation I'd say. At most, it would be the board of directors, who might take hits for any wrong doing.

The only thing that might be possible is a competing company send IB a cease and desist order, so that the business done in their country follows the law in that country. Not sure how well that will hold up either, because there is the jurisdiction issue. I believe currently the Internet laws see customers doing business with companies outside of their country through the Internet sort of like tourism. If you are a brit buying from an American company, you are buying on their terms, as if you were in their country. So as long as IB is following US law, they are safe. It is just sad that US law allows such false advertising.

They could also easily change the wording to make it a bit more truthful too. Like, just say

Build your site on the world's leading community software..vBulletin!

Now you have two great options for launching your vBulletin community site:

vBulletin 5 Connect™
    Host vBulletin 5 Connect yourself

or with
    vBulletin Cloud™

Use vBulletin Cloud and we'll handle your hosting, site maintenance and upgrades for you

It is not directly saying vB5 is the world's leading community software.

Did anyone notice the link to the vB5 video is broken? I wonder if that is intentional.

Scott