Any Cancun Tips?

Discussion in 'Water Cooler' started by RockinRobbins, Oct 24, 2009.

1. RockinRobbins

RockinRobbins Adept

First Name:
    Renee
    Hi All,

I'm planning a trip to Cancun and was wondering if anyone here had some tips for me. Good places to see, great food, day trips? I have already booked the hotel and airfare. I also plan to do a "swim with the dolphins" thing at our hotel.

Never been there before, so any suggestions would be helpful!

Thanks!
    RR

2. MjrNuT

MjrNuT Grand Master

Go to Isla Mujeres (island) for a day. Has a pretty neat shopping place for all kinds of schtuff. You can rent a scooter to get around. It's a bit more low key. Course going in October, maybe all of Cancun is a low key. ;) Haven't been there since 2003 or so.

In the lagoon, there is a boat that does an evening cruise and lobster dinner. It was actually quite good and enjoyable. Can't say much more than that as we did most of our activities outside of Cancun or just lounged at our hotel's beach or others.

Enjoy!!! Oh and do your best to not be confrontational w/ the police.....they just may charge you money on the spot for your indiscretions. :P Lastly, know your conversion of pesos! hehehe

3. RockinRobbins

RockinRobbins Adept

First Name:
    Renee
    THANKS!! I will look this island up. I love the idea of a cruise and lobster dinner. Yummy!

4. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

I got lost by Playa del Carmen once T.T but my hotel was near there.

You should really try the guacamole they make other there, cajun chicken they make in the actual 'Pueblo' of Mexico.

It was long ago xD I would tell you the names but I don't remember them! Though the Distrito Federal is amazing, really packed, but amazing, specially near the angel, which is in the center, there was this guy with his guitar singing, it was awesome. I'm easily amused anyways.

5. MjrNuT

MjrNuT Grand Master

FMB,

You just reminded me that we went south of Cancun specifically to go skinny dipping, i mean snorkeling on the reef. I can't remember if it was as far as Carmen.

RR, look into that if you like as well, its a about a half day excursion depending on how you travel and setup.

Which also reminds....all tour guides or setup places....will try to rip you off, over charge etc. lol

6. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

Playa Paraiso??

We were at the Wyndham Maya Hotel! It's a beauty!

:S Gratefully we never encountered scammers!

7. RockinRobbins

RockinRobbins Adept

First Name:
    Renee
    Fantastic! I will look all of that up.

I took a look at the lobster cruise already and it seems great! Thanks for the tips!

8. Mr Morningstarr*

Mr Morningstarr* Newcomer

First Name:
    Earl
    I'd recommend visiting Mujeres too, we had a great day out there did the swimming with dolphins and all that, it was great.

I'd recommend doing a big game fishing trip too, that was brilliant! I caught an eight foot sailfish. But whatever you do don't agree to buy the fish as a trophy, they cost a fortune.