Another Stumble Thread

Discussion in 'Web Development and Programming' started by AlexisMedia, Apr 20, 2011.

1. AlexisMedia

AlexisMedia Regular Member

I notice that when I use su.pr for my tweets then my page count immediately jumps 10-20 but when I check my statcounter then there are no visits. Any idea why? Are they just robots swooping in on the fresh content action or what?

Also, I notice that general forums is quick with the loading and su badge. My pages hit that badge and almost come to a halt for a few seconds then loads the rest of the pages. I've trouble shooted it and it's positively my su badge slowing everything down. But yet by looking at the general forums code it looks the same as mine except maybe a slightly different style of the compact badge.

Any advise? I wish they would separate the script so that we can set it to load at the bottom of the page so that the rest of the page isn't locked up on it in the meantime.

Thanks!

2. AlexisMedia

AlexisMedia Regular Member

Ok, so here's the thing. Now when I go back to my su.pr links... none of them work right. They all lead you to a StumbleUpon login screen. I asked on twitter and others that go to the links get the same thing. They are not lead to our site.

I did a search on twitter for su.pr links and every one I clicked on directed me to a login again.

This problem is fixed by switching to a different browser or clearing your su.pr and stumbleupon cookies.

So, could it be that my su.pr count is going up but not my stats via statcounter because nobody is actually making it to my site but they are clicking on the links activating the su.pr and badge count?

Anybody want to experiment and tell me if they are led to our site or the stumble upon log-in by clicking on this link... http://su.pr/2LQFJw

Thanks for any input on this matter : )

3. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    Just wanted to say your link worked for me, I stumbled it, liked it and tweeted it :D