Announcing Zero Tolerance

Discussion in 'Admin Talk Support & Feedback' started by Dan Hutter, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Dan Hutter

Dan Hutter aka Big Dan

As a last ditch effort to try and get things under control and respectable around here so that we have a decent community. I'm adding a zero tolerance policy against personal attacks, trolling, and baiting effective November 3rd. That doesn't mean it's open season until then the two day warning is just so all our regulars can get read this notice.

You all know what personal attacks, baiting, and trolling are but this policy cuts both ways: If you accuse someone of an attack or baiting without them actually doing so, you will receive the infraction.

Like ODJT we're going to have a graduated infraction system:

First Offense: 3 day ban
    Second Offensive: 7 day ban
    Third Offense: 30 Day Ban
    Fourth Offense: Permanent Ban

When you see a personal attack please report the post using this icon . above the post. Clicking this alerts all moderators to the post along with your reason for reporting it. Someone will be in ASAP to take care of it. The reporter will get a PM from one of us regarding the decision.

Additionally, there will a ban on advertising who you ignore. I will post up a guide on how to ignore another member which you can link to but advertising that you ignore so and so is baiting and will be dealt with as such.

Let's make Our KJ Talk a respectable community folks.

Thanks,
    Dan

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2014
  2. Guest

Guest Guest

I was sure we already had that - no one seemed able to tolerate anything around here! :)

3. KjAthena

KjAthena Regular Member

Thank you Dan and Mods...this seems very fair and should help clean up "our sandbox"

4. Dan Hutter

Dan Hutter aka Big Dan

I've added the 'ignore blurb' to the original post:

5. Thunder Hag

Thunder Hag Regular Member

Well I hope Bans have to come to a vote among the Mods, because ONE Mod, may not feel the same as another Mod.

6. Dan Hutter

Dan Hutter aka Big Dan

There's only two mods actively paying attention (Lone & I) which leaves room for 1 to 1 votes. For that reason there won't be any votes. Personal attacks are pretty easy to see even when the most skilled baiters try to veil them. The zero tolerance is there so I don't have to deal with the he said she said back and fourth. You make an attack you get banned no blaming it on the other guy said blah, blah, blah.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Are you saying you would even be able to catch a master baiter?

8. Dan Hutter

Dan Hutter aka Big Dan

Touche Steve :laughpill:

9. KJSandman

KJSandman Regular Member

BWAAAAAAAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

self-touche

10. Wall Of Sound

Wall Of Sound Regular Member

I am ignorant....

11. Loneavenger

Loneavenger Regular Member

Made me laugh out loud :laughpill:

12. truthteller

truthteller Regular Member

This post would have better been titled "Announcing Zero Tolerance on People Who Disagree With SC"

13. Dan Hutter

Dan Hutter aka Big Dan

You're kidding right? Let me shut up and not violate my own zero tolerance policy.

I've been reading so far things seem pretty calm today. People are passionately discussing piracy but I haven't seen any personal attacks.

14. KJSandman

KJSandman Regular Member

Right on Dan.

My initial reaction to that post was exactly the same: "You're kidding right?"

My secondary reaction was: "Is this individual going to contribute anything useful?"

Guess I'll just wait and see.

15. Dan Hutter

Dan Hutter aka Big Dan

I must say I've been pleasantly surprised since yesterday. Thank you all for being respectful of each other.

16. Bazza

Bazza Regular Member

I just saw this & I hope it works.

Honestly, I now visit this forum about 1/4 as often as I used to, primarily because of one or two individuals whose sole purpose in life is just to "stir up sh!t". This place used to be about fun & camaraderie, but it has become anything but that as of late. Rather than wade into the muck, I just decided to go elsewhere.

Hopefully that will change now.

17. Dan Hutter

Dan Hutter aka Big Dan

I hope it works too. Hopefully we'll be a better community in the long run. :)

18. JoeChartreuse

JoeChartreuse Regular Member

Rob opted out?

19. jokerswild

jokerswild Regular Member

I'm here.... just took a break is all...

Folks bans are a last resort... keep it clean and hopefully no one needs to go there.

20. Dan Hutter

Dan Hutter aka Big Dan

Well that went to hell in a hand basket mighty quickly

Folks, don't expect me to do your bidding for you
    . I know lots of you have history from other boards and have so much animosity toward each other that you cannot help but try and get each other banned. I have some words of advice for you: Have a few drinks and relax...it's just people yammering on the internet it means nothing in your real life.

2 Things to Think about before reporting a post:

1. If it requires me to read between the lines and guess at he said/she said history between two members, I will more than likely err on the side of a caution and not ban. As Rob said banning is always a last resort.
    2. If it's petty "he said I'm ugly and my mother dresses my funny". I'm probably going to laugh at you and get aggravated for you wasting my time.
    We'll get there yet Ladies and Gentleman. You all know when you're being petty, it's not rocket science. I sadly banned one person over pettiness and it won't happen again. You can all me pro/anti sound choice for refusing to ban over pettiness that fine and dandy but the buck stops here.