an annoying member

Discussion in 'Member and Staff Management' started by BananaQueen, Nov 2, 2009.

1. BananaQueen

BananaQueen Grand Master

First Name:
    not telling anyone ;)
    anyone had a problem with a member who just wont stop attempting to talk to you in threads, by pm, even on facebook, hes sent me his phone number a few times but i never called him or anything.

hes not exactly breaking any rules, but its whenever i log on, its so annoying, and he never really has anything to talk about so im never sure what to say

2. hotwheels

hotwheels Champion

First Name:
    doug
    Just ignore it. or place the person on your ignore list. Allot of times people tend to take a friendly welcome into much more. Most times if you don't reply, they will just go away.

3. BananaQueen

BananaQueen Grand Master

First Name:
    not telling anyone ;)
    i am ignoring him, after politely telling him that i dont want to talk. hes still trying though, saying hes worried about me because i wasnt responding.....i think after a bit he will give up and realise i cant chat to him all the time.

edit, i think he got the message that i was ignoring him because i didnt want to constantly talk to him every second i am online, and sent me a message just to say that he wants to apologise for being so pushy, cause we dont know eachother too well, yet he acts like we have known eachother years and are best friends, and he will try and let me get on with other stuff and not talk to me all the time

4. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Regular Member

Sometimes it's best to be a little blunt with people like that, as not everyone will pick up on your signals that you're getting a little creeped out. Just say, "Dude, what's with all the messages? I can't talk to you 24/7, I'm going to start thinking you're a stalker at this rate ;)"

5. kneel

kneel Regular Member

blunt is good....blunt is good...

2 people like this.
  6. BananaQueen

BananaQueen Grand Master

First Name:
    not telling anyone ;)
    i think the problem is im just too nice, i dont want to hurt anyones feelings. i should say how im feeling though, or people would never get the message

7. Michael

Michael Regular Member

In a situation like this I would definitely ignore at first and if that didnt work I would make sure they knew I was not interested in speaking with them any more unless it was site related etc

A member giving you their phone number, a newish member especially is rather odd.