After being down for days, we're back up!

Discussion in 'Water Cooler' started by Ben, Nov 3, 2009.

1. Ben

Ben Regular Member

After being down for days due to a server crash, we are back up! (Thanks to a back up).

However, we are EXTREMELY inactive now, for a couple reasons. For one, the backup wasn't the most recent, so we lost about 10 days of posts. Secondly, it'll take time for people to get my email and come back...

We could use your help!
    That One Forum

To the admins/mods: If you consider this spam, please, delete it. However, it wasn't my intention to spam, merely to ask for help to revive my community temporarily.

2. alex@

alex@ Adept

First Name:
    Alex
    You can't make a forum announcement to your members to inform them about the breakdown?

3. Ben

Ben Regular Member

4. alex@

alex@ Adept

First Name:
    Alex
    But did you announce it? Can VB not announce topics via email? Your users would know then.

5. Ben

Ben Regular Member

If you meant did I send them an email notifying them, yes I did. (It would be stupid of me not to notify my own members that the site was back up!)

You see, this is a community of web masters - where we help eachother. I'm simply asking for their help ;)

6. alex@

alex@ Adept

First Name:
    Alex
    That was what I was trying to... help. But if I understand you correctly, you want us to be active in your forum? How would that bring your members back, if they were already informed?
    Maybe you just don't have the right concept?

7. Ben

Ben Regular Member

Ah, sorry, you misunderstand - in addition to my current members, I was hoping that AA members would also join up and post as well (such as Kevin, who has kindly done so on many occasions).

Sorry - I should clarify that better in the future. :o

8. Mark.B

Mark.B Guest

Well you seem to be offline again!

9. kev

kev Regular Member

I had to reset my password before I could log into the forum - I guess that is from converting back from mybb to VB?

10. Ben

Ben Regular Member

Yep, you are correct Kevin.

@Mark: We were having the account upgraded to a reseller account. It took a bit longer than we expected for the domain to propagate (as in never), so we had to revert the account back to the original specs, and then re-upgrade it to to reseller...(I hope that made sense lol)

Anyways, the site is up.