Adsense, vB default and manual help

Discussion in 'vBulletin Discussions' started by MjrNuT, Nov 7, 2009.

1. MjrNuT

MjrNuT Grand Master

Recently I implemented the built in Google Adsense available in vBulletin. I picked the Low package, and this was done 1 night. The next day, the ads showed up, as expected. No problem.

Last night I went to install some vborg mods... Last 100 visitors google map (vBadvanced ONLY), webmaster tools, and manual ads that I pasted into 2 ad locations for 1 of 2 styles.

During the installs last night, I didn't notice till the very end, that the vB package ads disappeared. I had the manual ones show still without problem.

I thought, wait till the next day like before. Well, no change.

So i removed the above mentioned mods, Last 100, webmaster tools, and the reverted the templates for the manually input ad codes.

No change. Am I not patient enough? Why would the vB ad packages ever stop showing? (I'm sure it's user error) :shrug:

Any help please?!?! Thanks in advance.

2. Nick

Nick Regular Member

It can take some time for the AdSense ads to "adjust". When you first put them up, they will sometimes go down for a bit, disappear, then come back. It should work fine after about a day though.

Personally, I prefer to implement them manually rather than through vBulletin's AdSense manager.

2 people like this.
  3. MjrNuT

MjrNuT Grand Master

So it is my OCD.

Btw, I forgot to mention, I came to AA last night during the same time as the ads were gone. It didn't dawn on me till now, that the disappear on occassion occurs till now. lol

Thanks.

4. MjrNuT

MjrNuT Grand Master

hhmm, I have a blocked URL.

I try to see that URL, and it will not show up.

Via Adsense help, says to look at robots.txt file

bbl

5. MjrNuT

MjrNuT Grand Master

:doh: adblock was turned on....

6. MjrNuT

MjrNuT Grand Master

Have taken your advice and added some. I have an issue with one of them and thought to ask, if you don't mind, how to improve it as I'm very limited in code (basics really).

I understand if someone cannot comment on it.

How do I fix that search bar to be centered and not spill outside the theme?

7. Nick

Nick Regular Member

In which template, and where did you put the code? Did you just use the AdSense code or did you add to it?

8. MjrNuT

MjrNuT Grand Master

In the image I provided, there are 2 ads. These are not from the manager, hence manual ones pasted in.

The one shown is in the firstpost location. Only the Search Ad is wonky. Both of the ads are b/t < center> tags. Works on the first one, not the second ones. The codes are pasted sequentially, with nothing in between.

9. Mike

Mike Adept

First Name:
    Mike
    You are aware the <center> tag is deprecated?

Not all browsers will render <center> the same way. Safari 'thinks' that means center of the page, whereas Firefox and IE will use it as center of an element. If you're adding code, I would suggest adding W3C-compliant code.

If you cannot come up with anything better, as least use

Code:
    <div align="center"> Your code here </div>

2 people like this.
  10. MjrNuT

MjrNuT Grand Master

^To answer your first question.

Thank you. I will give that a whirl.