Admin Training School

Discussion in 'Managing Your Online Community' started by Bandit, May 28, 2009.

1. Bandit

Bandit Addict

First Name:
    Mark
    FreeAdz is setting up an 'Admin Training School'

So, you're all probably wondering what the 'Admin training School' is all about. Well let me explain.

How much time have you community owners spent in the past, trying to find an admin that knows exactly how your forum software works, and what each and every setting is for? I would imaging I have set a rather 'Optimistic' picture... After all, who knows what every setting is for, and the results of using them? Not very many I would guess!

What we plan to do is take members that wish to learn how to run a community, and your newly employed Junior Admins, and train them thoroughly in whatever community software they wish to learn, or your community uses. We will teach them everything they will need to know to become a successful Admin.

Each 'student' will be given a set of tutorials, that they must study, and answer questions on, in the end of course exam. They will be given practical exams also... To show they can put into practice, the things they have been taught. these tutorials/exams will include topics such as:

How to change a boards skin/theme,
    setting permissions,
    forum management,
    member management,
    staff management,
    daily tasks etc...

In short, they will be given all the tools they need to become a successful part of any Admin team.

If you are interested in becoming an instructor for the Admin School, then please PM me (Bandit), with your details and experience, and which community software you are most proficient with... i.e VB, IPB, InvisionFree, Zetaboards, MyBB, SMF etc...

We also need (2) External Examiners, that will conduct the 'Final Practical' Exams, and will have the final say on whether a student passes or fails the course. Only well reputed, and experienced Community Webmasters should apply for this position. Again, PM (Bandit) from either here, or FreeAdz for further info, or to apply.

If you wish to be a student on the 1st training course, please register at FreeAdz and reply to the highlighted thread with the following information:

Code:
    Which software do you wish to be trained on:
    Your Age:
    Your time zone:

Each course will last for 1 month. Each student should be required to complete all tasks set for them as part of the course work, and the end of course exam. Each weeks course work should be completed by the Saturday, and been PM'd to your instructor. Your results for each week will be PM'd back to you, then posted in the appropriate forum.

More information will follow shortly.

http://www.freeadz.org/forum/t-s-press-office/159-introducing-admin-training-school.html

2. Nick

Nick Regular Member

What's in it for trainers? Is this some sort of volunteer deal or a paid offer? Are the 'classes' or exams free?

3. Bandit

Bandit Addict

First Name:
    Mark
    The Instructors are currently employed on a voluntary basis. We are currently looking at paying the Examiners nominal fee of around $2.50 per exam.

as for the cost of our courses, the 'Beginner' course is totally free to all applicants. We are still looking at the fee price for the 'Intermediate' and 'Advanced' courses. Probably going to end up costing around $10.

Those students that pass any of our courses will also be provided with a 'Hard' copy of their course certificate. This certificate will include the 'Unique' certificate number, that can be used to check the validity of a students claim that they have passed one of our courses.

4. Tom

Tom Regular Member

Wow, what a fantastic/creative idea!

This is a prime example of how a community can fly high...

I'm impressed, I should have "Setsou Design Designing School."

Nice thinking!

5. Bandit

Bandit Addict

First Name:
    Mark
    Thank you for your kind words. I just hope I can develop the course, that will live up to everyone's expectations.

6. Chris

Chris Regular Member

Best of luck to you with this project - it sounds fantastic.

7. Tom

Tom Regular Member

I'm sure you can - it shouldn't be that hard.

Have you did a mock up?

8. Bandit

Bandit Addict

First Name:
    Mark
    I've got all the info, and the Course Plan etc... Set up on my board FreeAdz. You could tell me what you think of what's been done already, and any flaws you might find etc...

9. Tom

Tom Regular Member

Will do, once I finish following up on the new posts. :)

10. John

John Regular Member

This sounds like an good idea even if I don't need it :) Good luck.

Out of curiosity have anyone signed up for it yet?

11. Bandit

Bandit Addict

First Name:
    Mark
    Yes, we have 3 'Students' and 6 Instructors. We're still very much in the set up phase. Although, much of the 'Beginner' course plan has been finalized and I'm currently working on the end of course 'Practical' exams that every student will have to pass. We don't have any Examiners confirmed yet, but that's mainly because I want people that have excellent reputations in one of the community software packages we will be instructing on.

The one other thing we still need badly, is graphical contributions. Stuff like a logo incorporating the A.T.S initials, affiliate images, web banners etc..

12. Tom

Tom Regular Member

For a MyBB Examiner, I'd refer Tom Loveric.

PM me for his contact details.

13. Bandit

Bandit Addict

First Name:
    Mark
    I will do, Thanks.

14. Tom

Tom Regular Member

No problem.

15. Bandit

Bandit Addict

First Name:
    Mark
    Tom Loveric has agreed to becoming an Examiner. Thanx for the help TomZilla

16. Nick

Nick Regular Member

Are you going to be creating a website specifically for this project? Or will it always remain integrated with FreeAdz?

17. Bandit

Bandit Addict

First Name:
    Mark
    It will be moving to it's own Domain/VB board, after we complete the 1st few courses. By that time, we should have finalized the course plans for the 'Intermediate/Advanced' course.

18. Tom

Tom Regular Member

Oh, that's cool...

Or, to save money, you could do a subdomain... ATS.freeadz.com...

19. Bandit

Bandit Addict

First Name:
    Mark
    We thought about that. It's my friend that hosts FreeAdz, and he would be able to increase our space/bandwidth etc no probs...

20. Tom

Tom Regular Member

Oh okay, understandable.

Like I continue to tell you, best of luck!