A newb is hatched...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by imported_Chris, Jan 9, 2004.

1. imported_Chris

imported_Chris Regular Member

...sort of ;)

Hey, my name's Chris. 18 year old in Wales, UK. Studying IT at college. Living the bum life with no job, do freelance design and coding on the Internet. My speciality is vBulletin :)

Love any types of movies and seen literally 1000's, love music, and summer and loads of other stuff too.

I've been surfing AS for a while and have been lurking whilst it has its design and content refreshed, thought it was about time I posted.

Hope to become active/very active as other forums I usually frequent at are boring me :p

Just about to join the Folding@Home program too :)

Chris

2. Diesel

Diesel Regular Member

Welcome aboard.
    Great to hear about your interests... hope you post about some of them, as they're sure to generate a lot of interest around here with the group we have. ;)

Also, fantastic to hear about your upcoming participation in Folding@Home. We can use all the help we can get, but outside the team, it's still a fantastic program to contribute to.

3. Alien

Alien Regular Member

Greetings, Chris!

We appreciate every new active member, and we look forward to your contributions!

Thanks for showing interest in our folding@home project, we would love to have you join us for that as well!

Oh, It's good to hear you're interested in vB, maybe you can assist me one day. :lol:

Have fun, and tell a friend or ten!

-Jason

4. koehiir

koehiir Regular Member

:welcome: the more the merrier. join our soup, keep your karma points and have some fun.

once you get a WU back from F@H tell Alien and you'll get a cool red nut by your avatar - I think we are still doing those - once the chaos settles down. :tongue:

PS beware of prox, as you've been lurking you know about him and his probes. i see that DD and Alien have neglected to mention him....

5. Diesel

Diesel Regular Member

This one time, we tried to warn a new member about Prox... let's just say that Alien still has nightmares about the repercussions of that incident. I don't think he sat down without his hemmoroid pillow for 3 weeks.

Needless to say, I don't want no part of that, so I let the newbies find out about Prox all on their own.

6. monsieurjohn

monsieurjohn Regular Member

welcome! you're gonna love it here, i hope you do become a regular and active poster!

7. imported_Chris

Hehe, thanks for the warm welcome everybody, appreciate it.

Just PM me whenever you need help, Alien ;)

Oh and btw, I've started the Folding@Home program now, do you need any details off me to confirm that? :)

8. Alien

Alien Regular Member

You joined team 77 (Alien Soup)? That's awesome!

Just your folding@home name you selected should be good, especially if it's not obvious in the stats userlist. :)

9. mthrlangl

mthrlangl Regular Member

Welcome to the Soup :)

10. koehiir

koehiir Regular Member

Sir Alien - I like the new avatar - does this have anything to do with the new and improved mascot?

where is prox?

11. imported_Chris

Team: 77
    Username: Chris

I had a look in the stats but I didn't see my name there..

12. Alien

Alien Regular Member

koehiir: This little guy will be part of the new site, however I cannot yet say to what extent as we're working on quite a bit of crazy stuff we haven't really done before... As for Prox, I hope he shows up soon.. He's got a lot of err.. work to do.. ;)

Chris: Give it a few hours or so at least, sometimes I believe it's delayed...

13. Diesel

Diesel Regular Member

He *was* moving... maybe he hasn't unpacked the level 9 yet.

Man, is he gonna have a lot of catching up to do when he gets back. Gonna be some very sorry newbies when that happens. :lol:

14. monsieurjohn

monsieurjohn Regular Member

*lucky* newbies in the meantime...

he didn't have internet access yet in his new digs, last i checked. hopefully he gets that resolved soon

15. Prox

Prox Regular Member

Welcome to the soup Chris, now as you have probably been informed It is my duty to pull out the welcoming probe and initiate . . . so bend it on over and dont you worry about a thing . . . this will only hurt a lot.