51 members on vb.com

Discussion in 'vBulletin Discussions' started by Abomination, Mar 7, 2010.

1. Abomination

Abomination Zealot

vs 63 on ipb.com. wow.

Still a lot more guests on vb.com though, but still...

2. Adam Green

Adam Green Addict

vb.com has a 15 minutes cookie timeout where ipb.com has a 30 minutes cookie timeout.

I like ipb.com to rise up, though.

3. kev

kev Regular Member

51 or 63 members online, those are some really low numbers for the size of the community.

4. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    that's what I was thinking as well.
    I would expect 150 or 160 members on either at any given time

5. Abomination

Abomination Zealot

It was one of the quietest times during the week.

But it is now Monday in the usa and there are about 115 members on vb.com, and 126 on ipb.com, and a whole lot of guests on each.

totals: 934 @ vb.com, 766 @ ipb.com. 10 months ago the total on ipb.com was under 400 *I think*.

I've been watching vb.com, the posting has slowed tremendously.

6. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    I'm guessing it's because people are tired of 4.0 and all the bugs :lol:

7. Gordie

Gordie Adept

I wonder what IB is going to do to maintain revenues in QTR #1 of 2010. I would think after the big pre-sale that things would have slowed pretty significantly. That's just a guess on my part though.

I was thinking they might run a sale or do something to increase license sales as I would think they'll have a pretty tough time hitting their '09 numbers.

I guess we'll find out in a couple of months when they release their Q1-2010 financial results.

8. Abomination

Abomination Zealot

78 at vb, 84 at ipb...

Actually 'digital pointes' posts in the 'big board' thread have been fascinating. I think it shows the level of knowledge needed to actually make v4 work.

I would think they will continue to sell online advertising, and continue to receive licensing revenue from Autodata. This is from the q4 financial results:
    So the presale, which was a huge event for vb.com, added about 7% to q4 revenue, and was in the noise for the yearly results.

9. Kentaurus

Kentaurus Regular Member

I used to post more frequently, but the censorship, combined with the lack of answers did it for me. I don't think I should make a point again and again just for the sake of it, and asking for a roadmap gets a little old after the third unsuccessful try.

Also, I do not feel a part of the community anymore. I used to feel that I should contribute, either with plugins, translations, answering some pre-sales now and then and even lingering through chit chat, but since the latest developments like the pre-sale I have been feeling it more like "them" (IB) and "me" the client, and no longer like "us" the vbulletin community.

I honestly hope that changes. vBulletin played a major role in the development of my site. I had strong plans to deploy vBulletin 4.0 as soon as it came out (I was even ok with fixing some bugs by myself and keeping up with the frequent updates), but the product is so bad I had to turn back and stay with my 3.8 version... too bad because I wanted to give my site an upgrade from what feel like a 2-year old forum software.

10. Abomination

Abomination Zealot

vb.com 74, ip.com 84

vb.com was down for about 4 hours today and no one even mentioned it on AA and not even on vb.com that I can find. EDIT - I just saw the announcement Steve made yesterday regarding being off line today.

And Steve mentioned the style vars are changing in 4.0.4, which means, as far as I know, all work people have done on previous v4 versions will have to be re-done.

11. Brooker

Brooker Addict

^^ one of the reasons why we didn't bother with 4. So much stuff still left to be sorted.