5 Ways to Get More Retweets (aka Implied Endorsements)

Discussion in 'SEO, Traffic and Revenue' started by Brandon, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    1. Retweet Others – Find posts that are in alignment with your message and brand, and share them with your followers. The more you share other people’s valuable tweets, the more they want to share yours.
    2. Keep it Short, baby! – You can post up to 140 characters, but for someone to retweet you, there are extra characters added (RT @yourname). Make it easy for people to retweet you without having to edit and shorten. People also love to add comments to the retweet, making it more personal and compelling, so leave even more room for that!
    3. Share Quotes – Inspiring quotes are often retweeted. Find quotes that match your style and branding, and inspire your audience to think or take action.
    4. Tweet, Tweet, and Repeat – Don’t be afraid to post an important message several times. When you repeat your tweet, change it a bit. By re-wording your tweets, you’ll appeal to different people, and inspire more retweets to different communities.
    5. Stand Out from the Crowd – Be different, be profound, be funny, but whatever you do: stand out! Twitter is very busy, fast, and chaotic. Your tweets much catch someone’s attention in the blink of an eye. Don’t be afraid to be uncommon, controversial, bold, witty, or daring.
    I thought these were pretty good tips and suggestions, read more of the article here.

2. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

I sometimes share quality quotes all the time, but they're not usually retweeted. I used to have a nice ol' following on Twitter. I still have a fair bit of Followers though.