3 offers to buy AdminBB - Too bad not selling :P

Discussion in 'Monetization Techniques' started by Kaiser, May 3, 2011.

1. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

You're doing a great job at it, keep it up!

2. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

Thanks to supporting members like you <3

3. kavin

kavin Regular Member

I don't think you will ever sell this Forum, as i know that from PlanetGamers. An attitude that i never saw in any webmasters i came across.

Kaiser likes this.
  4. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

I don't see why people try to buy out forums that aren't selling, its really stupid. It's called, focus on your own online community, work hard, and strive to be the best. I understand it makes good business decisions to try to buy out a competitor, but for what? Especially if nobody is trying to sell out.

5. kavin

kavin Regular Member

Maybe because they are afraid of competitors. If they can't compete with a forum, they try to buy it, so that the forum is no more and people have to visit his forum instead of his competitors.
    Also the domain will be redirected to his forum, so that he can get more visitors.

6. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

Haha thanks, you remember? Yea I much rather just get rid of something than sell it to someone as I put all my hard work into it, and its not worth selling as its priceless to me. That is what I did to PlanetGamers when I opened AdminBB.

7. kavin

kavin Regular Member

Lol. How can i forget. Its not a common thing happening in web.

Kaiser likes this.
  8. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

Yea, I still miss it sometimes :(

9. moneymakingmom

moneymakingmom Regular Member

I've been to other admin forums and very few compare to this one. Most of the other admin forums are cluttered with random messages from amateurish posters and very little real content. And, there is always a noticeable lack of moderators to keep the conversation on track. I don't see any of that here. This is a very professionally run site. Of course, any smart forum owner would want to buy it.

I just don't think they could pay you enough money for all the work you have put into building up the site. Of course, it's your forum, so you go the direction you feel is best for your site. For now, everyone seems to be enjoying the status quo.

Kaiser likes this.
  10. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

Thanks, I try my best to keep everything here on track. I do the best I can to create new content, and make sure its quality content, and have interesting discussions created daily for our members to participate in. I see other admin forums which lack professionalism which really defeats the purpose. As a admin, and specifically running an Admin forum you gotta be as professional as you can be and have quality content on your forum. And yes no amount of money can buy out all the countless hours of hard-work I have put into this forum. No plans to sell it ever.

moneymakingmom likes this.
  11. gallitin

gallitin Regular Member

First Name:
    Nathan
    But would you keep them both going or just close the other and forward the domain to here?

12. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

Hmm. Not sure what exactly you mean as that would mean I was buying their forums, and they were not buying adminbb :confused:

13. Blake

Blake Regular Member

I wonder if I know the place you're talking about. I have a habit of coming in and out of being active on some admin forums. There were three that stuck out to me. I found two of the three easily (and they were still active). But for the life of me I couldn't remember the name of the 3rd. So I started googling (and came across AdminBB instead!!!).

But I finally found it, and it was DEAD. I read back through some old posts and saw the Admin talking of some "big things" planned. But he himself hasn't posted on the forums in over a month. IF....if this is the site you were mentioning, then there is some good content there. And good membership. But I have no clue what killed it.

14. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

I dont know what forum, but you mentioned that forum in one of your recent posts in another topic ;)

15. Soulwatcher

Soulwatcher Regular Member

If your talking about buying a whole another entity thats great. But I would not merge this forum with another forum. Having been a member of a popular forum that merged I found out that merged forums usually die fast.

16. gallitin

gallitin Regular Member

First Name:
    Nathan
    I meant were you buying them and shutting down the old forum and forwarding the domain to here or were you keeping the old forum up and advertising on it to bring more people here?

17. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

Neither, as I was planning to do nothing and 3 people offered to buy AdminBB from me because of it's success.

18. Gamrpro

Gamrpro Regular Member

Ahaha how cute. If I were you I wouldn't sell it either. That'd be the last thing I'd do to the forum. :P

19. Kevin X Dragon

Kevin X Dragon Regular Member

How much did the offer you? ;)

Maybe they want to monopolies? If I got money to burn, I would try to buy any competitor sites before I try to make my site better because it will save time and it is easier .

20. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

I would do the same thing because if you have a great community going on, why not merge it and make it bigger and better with more users/content?