3 offers to buy AdminBB - Too bad not selling :P

Discussion in 'Monetization Techniques' started by Kaiser, May 3, 2011.

1. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

As xenforo has no merge feature just converting only, so I would just have to buy the domain :(
    I might as well wait for a merge system.

2. Mikey

Mikey Mikeylicio.us

What was the other admin site everyone keeps referring to? you piqued my interest ;)

3. Renegader

Renegader Regular Member

Buy out competition. :)

4. Trealix

Trealix Gamer

Ill give you 1 cent (1p) for AdminBB :}

5. ShadyX

ShadyX Regular Member

Actually, there is a way to import other database's but you need a vbulletin or an ipb license to use the tools unless you know someone who could do it for you. Just convert the whateverforum database to ipb or vb then import external data via the admincp.

And i like getting offers too :D it makes me feel as if i have done something very right when people offer nice sums of money for a forum :)

6. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

Ya, if you visit a xenforo support forum, their users know how to do it. I remember their being a community a few months ago called xenforo fans.

7. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

Well theres a difference between merging and converting, you can only convert on xenforo and not merge..

8. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

Well, ask around and see if there's a way to merge. You have some funds right? Merge some other communities here, and grow your community two fold.

9. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

Thats the problem, I can convert other forums but not merge... so If I converted a forum on adminbb it would overwrite the current forum and we would loose everything and get the content from that forum. But when you merge they all convert together in one whole board. And xenforo dosent have a merge system yet.

10. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

Have you asked the xenforo developers? I'm sure Kier or someone could make you one - but no, that's when you make another database, so that you don't lose any data, aye?

11. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

They have bigger things to worry about than helping me lol.. if they were to make one available im sure they would release the merge system to all xenforo license owners. Im sure I read somewhere they have one planned.

12. Ashley

Ashley Regular Member

I'd never merge with a dead forum, whether for free or for money. To me, someone who just clear out of the blue who offers to buy your forum is just downright desperate and greedy more than anything. In this case it's cheating, and I would never go for it.

Ashley.S. and Kaiser like this.
  13. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

The guy was a great guy he had no bad intentions but yea there wouldn't be much for me in the merge other than help his dead forum while I would loose my active forum.

Ashley.S. likes this.
  14. Ashley

Ashley Regular Member

I didn't say if this guy was good or not, I just don't think it's such a hot idea. Sure, you'll both get something out of it, but at the same time, just to make a profit and have a more successful community, this can be seen as being greedy, and again, in some cases it could even be considered cheating, because you're using someone else's stats to boost up your own, so you're really not working to your own potential at all, really.

15. Trombones13

Trombones13 Regular Member

This statement plus your username made me laugh. :P
    http://xenfans.com/

16. ShadyX

ShadyX Regular Member

Actually your wrong kaiser, the import feature allows you to import databases into the existing installation of xenforo and "merge" them together. Try it out on your local pc its pretty simple ;)

17. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

I'd recommend buying out the inactive forum, bring on the staff team, and go from there. A community enjoys an active place, not a dead place, where topics go unanswered. It would make a great merge.

18. Ashley

Ashley Regular Member

Well, he could probably bring on SOME of the staff team if he really wanted to, but for a forum like this you wouldn't need a package team, since they don't offer packages here. And I suppose if there's more similarities than differences, then maybe he could keep some of the other guys' crew on the team.

19. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

Ya, so true. And plus, one that runs an admin forum, ideas are technically the same, so thus, there you go, create an even better community, that's twice as strong.

Kaiser likes this.
  20. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

Thats what im doing here ;)