Zombies...

Discussion in 'Managing Your Online Community' started by Imperial, Jun 13, 2009.

1. Imperial

Imperial Adept

I'm looking to launch a new forum with the release of vB4. I was doing some domain searches for gaming and health domains when I realized that I'm sitting on a zombie domain I bought a few years ago for a clan that never actually grew past real life members. The topic of zombies came up on Legion and the thread turned anti-zombie quick for their overuse in games and film. I did a quick google search and the number of zombie forums is relatively low compared to my previous searches.

I'm curious what you guys might think about the launch of a zombie-oriented forum? Think zombies are overused?

Domain I'm thinking about using is Zombie Brigade.

2. 50calray

50calray Grand Master

First Name:
    Ray
    hum...I guess it all depends on your focus content but I think one could make a go of it. Your main competitor is probably going to be Zombie Squad. I'm a member of this site but don't visit it that much anymore for personal reason.

3. Imperial

Imperial Adept

I checked out Zombie Squad, it was one of the first page returns on Google. Looks like an interesting site, although I think I could further the niche by picking up where the competition lacks. SEO right off the bat.

4. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Regular Member

Well, it would be an interesting site to say the least! Zombies are pretty hot right now, right up there with ninjas and pirates. Good luck getting your zombie horde to outnumber the other zombie horde :)

5. Tyler

Tyler The Badministrator

First Name:
    Tyler
    What Michelle said, lol.

Go for it. :headbang:

6. kev

kev Regular Member

I think it could be a good topic. The site could include everything from zombie games, to zombie movies to zombie fan fiction.

7. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Regular Member

Definitely figure out what features your competitor is missing; link directory to zombie web sites, maybe?

8. Chris

Chris Regular Member

Imperial, be unique - go for it. I think this could work out quite nicely (and it'd be fun as hell). :thumbup:

9. Tyler

Tyler The Badministrator

First Name:
    Tyler
    I'm not sure how helpful this can be, but this forum is kinda-sorta a competitor and I really like their skin for the niche. Maybe it'll give you an idea or two.

10. Tom

Tom Regular Member

Go for it!

I once moderated a Zombie forum but later resigned when new owners took over suddenly.

They're quite interesting sites to be apart of, to say the least.