Your Forums' New Years Resolutions

Discussion in 'Managing Your Online Community' started by Nick, Dec 5, 2009.

1. Nick

Nick Regular Member

The New Year is near, so it's time to think of some New Year's resolutions for your forums. What are some of the things you would like to achieve during this new year? Whether they be statistical achievements, new developments, expansion, or other important tasks/milestones, share your list of resolutions with us all. :D

2. Noles

Noles Adept

First Name:
    Ryan
    100,000 posts by the end of 2010 would be awesome. Currently at 54,802.

I'm doubting it.. but who knows. :)

3. tech

tech Regular Member

Push out a few more vB4 skins and start making MyBB themes (which i have already done), and also HTML..

4. Nick

Nick Regular Member

I like that one. We've achieved 60,000 posts here in about 6 months, so I have no doubt we'll reach 100,000 by sometime in the first half of next year.

5. Michael

Michael Regular Member

I cant make a resolution but I really hope and wish for our teen forums to reach around 300k posts by the end of 2010, that would be spectacular!

6. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

Our resolution is to be the best online support group forum for our niche, and to help as many people as we can.

7. Dan Hutter

Dan Hutter aka Big Dan

I'd like to make my DJ board into more than a naked forum. I definitely want to get rid of domain root just being forum home. Not sure how I want to accomplish it though with the new CMS or a Wordpress install.

8. 50calray

50calray Grand Master

First Name:
    Ray
    Well for right now I would like to see double the membership and post.

9. kneel

kneel Regular Member

my biggest is to get a skin...and LEAVE IT. Im always add about the damn skin...

10. kev

kev Regular Member

I would like to see my main forum reach 2 million post by the end of 2010.
    500 videos on youtube
    5 million page views monthly on my main forum
    50,000 members

,,,, and a few other miscellaneous goals.

11. Noles

Noles Adept

First Name:
    Ryan
    Yeah activity here is stunning. :D

12. 2dub

2dub Regular Member

One thing I would like to do and am trying to figure out how to do it (your suggestions are very welcome) is a year long campaign called "Making a Difference in 2010"

As amateur umpires we don't tend to rely too heavily on our umpiring income to live off of. I am going to challenge all of my members to give just one of their game fees back to the charity of their choice. I currently do this plus work for free at a MD tournament.

I will have a forum dedicated to this and each umpire can tell which charity(charities) they are donating to and if there is a particular reason. They will get to promote their charity raising it's awareness with the other umpires.

What I'd like to do, but don't know how, is have a status bar where members can enter the amount of the game fee they have donated in a sidebar and we can work toward a goal and see our progress towards that goal.

I've seen a number of donation tracking items, but they are tied to a specific charity or they have to donate through the site. I just want a little script where a member can enter in a dollar value and it add to a status bar and show our current standing both graphically and numerically towards the goal. Maybe also automatically change their user title to show they have made a contribution.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

13. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

Same here. I'm at 47,194. I'm hopeful.