What do you want to see here?

Discussion in 'Admin Talk Support & Feedback' started by Daniel, Dec 27, 2007.

1. Daniel

Daniel Regular Member

I thought it'd be a good idea to see what everybody wants to see from AdminAddict early on. I realize we only a few members at the moment, but that makes your feedback all the more valuable. Aside from the obvious needs of getting a new, unique style and generating some activity, what are some things you'd like to see here in the next few months?

2. Patrick

Patrick Regular Member

Maybe a section where members can blog about the successes or lack there of on their various forums?

3. Tyler

Tyler The Badministrator

First Name:
    Tyler
    Great idea, Patrick. For now, I think that could fit in the Monetization forum, though. We don't want to have too many forums while we're still new - once they start filling in, it is definitely something we could add.

4. Daniel

Daniel Regular Member

Unless you meant something like the vbulletin blog addon?

5. Patrick

Patrick Regular Member

The blog addon would be cool, but I understand why it's important to keep young forums "contained."

6. Tyler

Tyler The Badministrator

First Name:
    Tyler
    I thought you meant an actual forum, but if you meant the vBulletin Blog - I misunderstood.

7. Patrick

Patrick Regular Member

Oh I was just kind of tossing it out there, you know? But I figured it would be cool to be able to follow the success of an individual's forums, because maybe then people could apply the same techniques and strategies to their endeavors.

8. Tyler

Tyler The Badministrator

First Name:
    Tyler
    True. I do like the idea though. Maybe, just for now, we could even make a thread for it. I think I'd enjoy writing up something about the success of my largest forum to inspire others. :jacks:

9. FFWiz

FFWiz Regular Member

I suggest the off forum bit icon on the index be changed to something half-transparent, or a darker grey color. I can hardly tell what forum has new posts and which one doesn't...

10. Tyler

Tyler The Badministrator

First Name:
    Tyler
    Thanks for pointing that out, FFWiz. We'll see what we can do with them.

11. v..

v.. Newcomer

i would like to see some type of rating/review system for product and services, maybe just a sub forum or an article/blog type.

to clarify, i would like to see seasoned admins' recommendations on products or services relating to building a forum/website. for example which softwares to use and why or who or where to go to for a quick forum mod or where to find trust worthy designer and coder to help customize a site etc...

v

12. Webmist

Webmist Champion

First Name:
    Jen
    I think the review and ratings would be a good one. Also reviews or even articles with admins about running their sites. Kinda get what they do to keep it run, keep interest up. What it takes to run a big site vs. a smaller one.

13. Daniel

Daniel Regular Member

So articles written by other forum administrators on how they handle things and/or interviews? (or did I misinterpret? :p)

14. Nick

Nick Regular Member

Any further requests, suggestions, and recommendations will gladly be considered. :)