SimplyBLUE HTML/CSS Template

Discussion in 'Free Graphics' started by tech, Sep 13, 2009.

1. tech

tech Regular Member

SimplyBLUE HTML/CSS Template

Install:

Upload files to a chosen directory

..DONE

DEMO: http://design.jetgaming.org/simplicity/SimplyBLUE/

Download:

http://www.adminaddict.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=646&stc=1&d=1252861206

OR

SimplyBLUE HTML/CSS Template — JetGaming Theme Shop

(if you buy from shop please note it is FREE, no payment info if required, however we do have to manually confirm it)

---------------------
    User Notes
    ---------------------

I know its extremely basic and not so good looking but this is my first template and first time ''coding'' it, Please post suggestions for designing etc..

Attached Files:

2. David

David Regular Member

Suggestion: Avoid horizontal scrolling. Its a pretty simple design so you shouldn't need to use tables and it could be done with some easy CSS which is faster and more browser friendly than tables.

3. OneUpDave

OneUpDave Guest

I'll be quite honest: I'm not sure what I'm looking at. I like that you're experimenting with HTML/CSS, that's good. I like that you're making a... "different" theme. But maybe if I knew what you were going for, I'd be able to assist you with it a little bit more.

And I agree with BSMedia, you should probably remove the horizontal scrolling. Even at 1280x1024 it scrolls, which is not a good thing.

4. tech

tech Regular Member

If your using FireFox it will screw it up so much, IE displays it slightly off but Chrome displays it perfectly..

5. OneUpDave

OneUpDave Guest

Unfortunately for you, that's somewhat unacceptable if you're going to give this out for people to use. I just viewed it in IE8 (7 and 8 mode) and you're right, it does work, but the site looks like crap in FF 3.5, and validating your theme via the W3C Markup Validator would help. With FF quickly taking over the internet, ensuring that your themes work at least somewhat well on it will be crucial.

Here's your site in the validator:
    [Invalid] Markup Validation of http://design.jetgaming.org/simplicity/SimplyBLUE/ - W3C Markup Validator

As for the Firefox quickly gaining the browser shares, I don't want to hear anyone argue that, it's not even up for discussion:
    Browser Statistics

Anyway, keep working on it. Don't let these little roadblocks stop you. :)

6. David

David Regular Member

can we argue that as fast as they're building it up, they're also destroying it by pushing out a bloated product that just keeps sucking up memory and slow performance which is going to lead to them losing the market share just as fast :D

7. tech

tech Regular Member

Ok thanks,

I might try and get a friend to code it or something as i need to get better at designing im currently creating a new theme mockup..

8. OneUpDave

OneUpDave Guest

No, we can agree on that, which is surprising, coming from me. I've watched the memory footprint grow way too fast over the last few minor versions. Freezes up a lot more, too.

But I'm still a huge fan of FF, and I'm not switching until opening two tabs uses all 3.5GB of my recognized memory. And even then, I'm going to Chrome, Safari, or Opera. But never IE. NEVAR! :D