Moderators moderating you!

Discussion in 'Member and Staff Management' started by Michael, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Michael

Michael Regular Member

Has any one of your moderators ever moderated you as an admin? How did you feel when this happened and under what circumstances did this happen? Even if it hasnt happened, would you mind if someone moderated your posts?

2. Ryan

Ryan Regular Member

I would be more than happy if a member reported my post, since I treat all my members the same as staff. I see no reason why they should not report me if they disagree with what I posted.

3. Michael

Michael Regular Member

I mean say you had posted a thread and it has a few mistakes in it and they modded it or even manipulated what you said.

4. cheat-master30

cheat-master30 Grand Master

No moderator has ever moderated my posts. I listen to them, I don't tell them not to moderate anything I post, but it's currently never happened.

5. danrak

danrak Addict

I've had mods move my threads before. Sometimes the discussion got too heated and had to be moved to a different forum. I've never had a problem with it. It is their job after all.

6. Relic

Relic Newcomer

First Name:
    Greg
    If they didn't ask me prior to touching it, they would be in trouble. I post for very specific reasons on my own board. I would correct them on this and if it happened again, I would let them go. Seems harsh, but I run a tight ship. I have a head moderator as a buffer to me though and she normally catches things before anyone. I separate myself from all of our departments this way. Basically I have no direct contact with staff and use dept heads as a go between, but I have fired many in the past.

7. BabyDesigner

BabyDesigner Adept

First Name:
    Meg
    If they did it for spelling, i wouldn't mind. But to change what i said, id be mad. But im really close with the two of them so they wouldn't feel the need to do such a thing to me, nor would i to them.

8. Ak Worm

Ak Worm Grand Master

First Name:
    Corey
    One Of My Super Mods Were Deleting My Posts, Nearly 20+ So I Demoted Him.
    He Gets Pissed, Bitches At Me. So I Ban Him One Day. THen He Goes On Other
    Sites Talking About How I Banned HIm For Nothing. But He Was Spamming And
    I Hated What He Was Doing..........Then He Said He Was Gonna Sue My Site.
    OMFG, It Was So Funny.

9. Nick

Nick Regular Member

In this case, this is a huge no-no. No moderator should edit anybody's post either for corrections or general manipulation. Only if it is within their duty to do so (i.e. if it breaks a rule).

I am open to suggestions and criticisms of my posts by both members and fellow staff members, but editing my posts without consultation would be a problem in my book.

10. Chris

Chris Regular Member

I've never had this happen, however, I would not be thrilled.

If a moderator chooses to make a correction and/or add something to one of my posts, I will simply not tolerate such an action and will make an attempt to resolve the situation (with them personally) before making any sort of move (i.e. demoting him/her). As drastic as that may sound, I have little to no patience when it comes to staff members taking care of a situation as they see fit without discussing their solution with the administration team.

If the modification was made due to a breach of the forum rules and/or Terms of Service agreement, that's acceptable.

11. PBNJ

PBNJ Regular Member

It happens to me sometimes. Usually it's just fixing my lazy typing.

12. teen12

teen12 Newcomer

Well once when I made an already existing thread (Our search is broken, so me and the admin understood eachother).