Members that Disrespect Staff Members

Discussion in 'Member and Staff Management' started by Kaiser, May 19, 2011.

1. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

How do you deal with members who disrespect the staff for simply being told off for doing something that is not allowed, and from then on causing drama on your forum and others by constantly making comments about the staff members, and snide remarks. How do you deal with them?

2. Darthmaul

Darthmaul Regular Member

There's this great thing called the ban hammer. Ban them for two weeks and send them a lengthy PM regarding the problem. If they still come back ranting and raving, ban them permanently.

3. Ashley

Ashley Regular Member

I would do it the other way around, send the PM regarding the issue, then do the temporary ban, then if it keeps up, then it'll be a permanent ban. I am a believer of second chances, so I would do it this way instead.

4. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

When disrespecting staff when they knowingly did something wrong and still disrespect than yea I will just give one warning, then after that its a ban.

5. Ashley

Ashley Regular Member

Of course, it all depends on the situation as well. If it was a minor situation, then a warning before a ban would suffice, but any more serious and I'll gladly show that member the back door.

6. Darthmaul

Darthmaul Regular Member

Well, they knowingly disrespected a member of the forum team or 'family' so they should receive appropriate punishment. I don't mean to sound overly harsh, but I just have no tolerance for something like that.

7. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

I dont either, members like that are best not being apart of your community.

8. Darthmaul

Darthmaul Regular Member

I agree with you there. I feel that once they're gone the community has a huge release and activity comes up a bit for a couple of days. At least, from what I've seen.

9. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

Yea, members don't like drama... and forums are a good place where there is drama from time to time.

10. Ashley

Ashley Regular Member

I've never had this happen on my own forum, but I have seen it on other small forums. Once a trouble maker is done away with, people find comfort knowing that all is well again and they'll gradually want to come back.

11. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

Personal attacks on staff members should never be allowed, that's disrespect as well. Members should always respect the people in command - if they can't, then they deserve a warning, and possibly a ban.

Darthmaul likes this.
  12. Darthmaul

Darthmaul Regular Member

That's exactly what I am trying to convey mate :)

13. Mr.Hazey

Mr.Hazey Regular Member

We have a restricted forum which they can only post i and it's there chance to build bridges if not they get banned.

14. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

I agree, but sometimes you gotta be sure that the staff member hasnt been abusing power for the members to disrespect them. I try to be fair.

15. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

Ya, that's why you watch both users/mod/staff to see what really happened, and who started it, so you don't come looking like the big bad wolf for being wrong, right?

16. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

Yea, I dont let staff go. I treat everyone fairly.