How Do You Keep Active Members Happy

Discussion in 'Member and Staff Management' started by bauss, Jan 5, 2013.

1. bauss

bauss Regular Member

Right now my forum has a couple active members, and one of them I'm really happy they decided to join my forum, because on another forum in my niche they have over 2500 posts.

I don't want to lose my active members, so I've been doing more post exchanges, and engaging in the community more once this member joined. I have one other active member that checks in daily everyday too, and makes a few posts and threads. Everyone else is basically post exchangers or inactive members.

How do you keep your active members happy on your forum when you're just starting to grow your community?

Brandon likes this.
  2. webaficionado

webaficionado Regular Member

Good question! I find it vital to keep active members happy no matter if your site is relatively new or has been up for a while. They, like all members, like fresh content, so I think being an active thread starter yourself helps. They probably like meeting new people, so advertising to get more members is a must too.

3. bauss

bauss Regular Member

Yeah the problem with that though is that I'm the only one creating threads, but we do get a ton of replies.

4. ProSportsForums

ProSportsForums Regular Member

I guess I'm outside the norm but I don;t worry about keeping members happy. The sites I operate are either my vision or the vision of someone who paid me to operate the site. Either the membership is on board with the plan or they are not. There will be no cow-toeing to members to "keep them happy."

5. Martin W

Martin W Regular Member

I do not worry much about keeping any members happy more so than the others. Active members are treated the exact same as inactive ones. If a lot of people suggest something I will change it to make them happier. Most of them seem to be happy enough though already. Just new topics and that is about it.