First Forum You Joined

Discussion in 'Managing Your Online Community' started by SpacewardAsh, Feb 6, 2011.

1. SpacewardAsh

SpacewardAsh Lurking From Space

First Name:
    Ashley
    Are you still active there?

2. Ashley

Ashley Regular Member

First forum I joined was backstreet.net in 2007. No, it is no longer active. I mean, it is open, but no one posts there anymore. It's mostly become a major spam fest more than anything. I think a lot of us have moved on to other sites and projects.

3. SpacewardAsh

First Name:
    Ashley
    Was that the forum you were talking about on phpBB2? If so, I would'nt be surprised if it was a spam fest these days

4. Ashley

Ashley Regular Member

Unfortunately yes. 2.23 or whatever the last version was before they dropped support for the phpBB2 series. It sucks because that was the one forum where most of us Backstreet Boys fans used to get updates on the guys, such as tour dates, album release dates, etc. I also miss how whenever they put out a new album, there was a section on the site where we could write a review as to what we thought of the new album. What songs we liked, if it was better than the previous album, etc. That place used to be hopping back then.
    -- Merged Posts --
    Unfortunately yes. 2.23 or whatever the last version was before they dropped support for the phpBB2 series. It sucks because that was the one forum where most of us Backstreet Boys fans used to get updates on the guys, such as tour dates, album release dates, etc. I also miss how whenever they put out a new album, there was a section on the site where we could write a review as to what we thought of the new album. What songs we liked, if it was better than the previous album, etc. That place used to be hopping back then.

5. zZJoennZz

zZJoennZz Regular Member

Yes! :)

6. SpacewardAsh

First Name:
    Ashley
    that's good to know, many forums that people have joined for the first time have closed, have been abandoned or have just left on their own accord. Has much changed on the forums over the time that you have been there e.g. ownership, etc.?

7. Ashley

Ashley Regular Member

Sadly, I've experienced this many times with forums that I've been a member of or that I used to frequent. I haven't seen too many ownership changes, though, I've only either seen complete closures or else cases where the original owner lost interest and the forum was pretty much abandoned. The second one is the saddest one, because it's not long before the software becomes outdated and it gets all too easy for spambots to get in because the software is no longer up-to-date.

8. Trombones13

Trombones13 Regular Member

My first forum was pokemoncrater.com. That was probably five years ago, and the site's long gone now, haha.

9. SpacewardAsh

First Name:
    Ashley
    is that the first forum you joined or created?

10. Trombones13

Trombones13 Regular Member

That's the first one I've joined. The first one I created was made as a result of Pokémon Crater closing; I made it to house a project I was doing on that forum, but that too died off pretty quickly, lol.

11. SpacewardAsh

First Name:
    Ashley
    OK, thanks for clearing it up :)

12. BlazingBlue

BlazingBlue Regular Member

Still a member at one of my early forums I joined.

13. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

If I remember correctly the first forum I joined was called bravocodes.freeforums.org that was years ago.