Cool new look and stuff

Discussion in 'Admin Talk Support & Feedback' started by koehiir, Jan 8, 2004.

1. koehiir

koehiir Regular Member

So far this looks really cool, lots to look around and play with. BUT WHERE'S MY RED NUT!! This is gonna be fun :D

2. Diesel

Diesel Regular Member

It's in your profile. Alien's looking into moving it over to the avatar box.

3. Panache

Panache Regular Member

Cool site :)

I do, however, have a couple of questions: What exactly are "Reputation Points"?, and why are the majority of us here on a "distinguished road"? :confused:

4. Diesel

Diesel Regular Member

That is the resurection of an old feature of Alien Soup, known as "karma".

When you post well, people can give you good karma. When you post poorly, people can give you bad karma. Post well often enough, and you are on a distinguished road. Post poorly often enough, and... well, we don't have anyone that does that right now, so we'll let you know when we find out. ;)

5. myrnasjupiter

myrnasjupiter Regular Member

Where can I find out how many "reputation points" I have? Is there an FAQ place for me to answer all my questions? I'm still very confused about all of this. :confused:

6. Diesel

Diesel Regular Member

myrnasjupiter> Check your UserCP for reputation information... who gave you what, and any comments they added. ;)

7. monsieurjohn

monsieurjohn Regular Member

userCP being the user control panel, which you can get to with the "quick links" button near the top

:tongue:

and actually dan, i can't see who said what, i think taht must be an admin feature

8. Alien

Alien Regular Member

:embarass:

Everyone has been started off with 10 points. Once you receive your first reputation you will be 'on a distinguished road'... As your reputation increases, you will have additional images and additional messages to gain by posting interesting things or being helpful. :)

9. Alien

Alien Regular Member

I think you still can, you just may not have had anyone leave an actual 'comment' and just gave you points.

Let me know if you continue to not see it, as I just sent you one with a comment earlier and I hope it works.

-Jason

10. monsieurjohn

monsieurjohn Regular Member

nope, it just shows a green dot (which i presume would be red if it were negative), the thread title, the time, and the comment.. no names

11. runequest2

runequest2 Regular Member

Kind of an interesting way of rewarding those who post well. while letting members give feedback to those who make some not so nice posts :)

12. Alien

Alien Regular Member

Exactly. ;)

I'll login a little later under a standard account to see what the differences are from what I see and I'll decide if I like it or not. :tongue: