Bluehost

Discussion in 'Domains, Hosting and Servers' started by Patrick, Dec 28, 2007.

1. Patrick

Patrick Regular Member

If anyone's just starting out in hosting sites or forums, I'd strongly recommened www.bluehost.com, a really good shared hosting service.

They offer 600 GB of storage space, and 6000 GB of bandwidth. If your sites become too much for a shared server, they offer you an upgrade to a High CPU Server for $20.00 a month, which allows you 90% of the server's resources.

I don't host with them anymore because my forum software forced me to a VPS, but I really miss their quick service and awesome featurs. Plus, they have an affiliate program, which is always cool :)

2. Njdeh

Njdeh Novice

First Name:
    Jake
    Bluehost is awesome. I have run 7 sites with them, and they always keep me coming back for more :)

3. Daniel

Daniel Regular Member

Sounds like a good host. What's the customer service like?

4. Njdeh

Njdeh Novice

First Name:
    Jake
    Their customer service is awesome, at least better then what Patrick has had to deal with lol.

Only problem is they dont have VPS's, only shared.

5. Daniel

Daniel Regular Member

Well it sounds like they're decent. I recently switched to a VPS on Liquid Web, but who knows, if I ever need a dedicated I may consider Bluehost.

6. Patrick

Patrick Regular Member

They actually now offer 15TB of bandwidth and in the TB's of storage, don't know the exact number. I really, really wish I could have stayed with them, but I was using software that was very database intensive on my site and they don't have anything above a shared server.

7. Daniel

Daniel Regular Member

That is quite a bit of bandwidth and storage. Seems impossible anyone would ever use that much.

8. Brad

Brad Regular Member

Bluehost is great..I currently host with them, the only hitch I ever had was backed up email servers on the one or two occasions but perfect otherwise...The only thing that bothers me is the fact that it's shared so slowed connection browsers take a while to load my page but that's another story. I would recommend Bluehost anyday.

9. Forum Lord

Forum Lord Regular Member

I have not yet to discover this site, but I will. Just I won't be able to use it, because I have a host already, hosting my domain.