Admin Talk Interview with daniel a.k.a. - ragtek

Let's hear what ragtek is working on these days!

1. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    Brandon submitted a new resource:

Admin Talk Interview with daniel a.k.a. - ragtek - Let's hear what ragtek is working on these days!

Read more about this resource...

2. Chris Teriakis

Chris Teriakis Regular Member

Wise and 100% true. My vote for it.

3. Code Monkey

Code Monkey Regular Member

Meh, I felt that way a few years ago and basically shut everything down and walked away. While I understand the feeling and the reasons the interviewee had, I also have come to realize I had my head up my ass and threw out a lot of hard work as an emotional response. So I got over it. I'm a tinkerer and I love to tinker with code. I don't even know this person but I'm sure they will find the yearning again and right the ship.

4. Chris Teriakis

Are you Latino or Mediterrenean? :) ...... I'm a real example of what you wrote before. But this time I think I'm over. Maybe my age or whatever, but I don't feel to have the courage to come back. Maybe coding just for me or some friends only.

5. Code Monkey

Code Monkey Regular Member

LOL no but my stepmother was from Crete so I know what you are referring to. :D

Chris Teriakis likes this.
  6. WEfail

WEfail Regular Member

Hired Daniel in the past. Could not deliver. Was pretty disappointed to be honest especially after people vouched for him. I think the online world benefits when those who aren't committed close up shop. I commend him for that!

7. ragtek

ragtek Regular Member

I have delivered! And as far as i remember it didn't work for you as expected and since i wasn't able to reproduce this, i gave you the code to see if anybody else is able to find the problem and i canceled the job because i didn't wanted to waste your and my time with this.

(I'm not saying that it wasn't my fault, MAYBE it was just another communication problem, that's also one of the main reasons, why i stopped to do this alone. Now i'm trying to have somebody else who's talking with the client and who translates it for me into german:D Also doesn't work 100% perfect, but it's better then my google translate workflow)

Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
    Chris Teriakis and Brandon like this.
  8. Chris Teriakis

I know him from vB.org many years ago (he mostly knows me as Maria / MicroHellas there). Many times we have argued in posts, but should be unfair action if I don't admit that he is a person who has helped lots of users at vb.org (and as I seen also at xenforo forums). During these years he has also released and supported many free addons.

A project can fails for many reasons. Finally nobody said that Coder -> God. Many times I've stucked while coding. As long as he didn't got your money to disappear, I can't count bad behavior from his side. He was there... he worked on his project (the delivered code is a proof). The fact that the code didn't worked for you as planed to work, is ok as reason to not pay him. But don't think that is a reason to blame him as untrustfull coder.

Chris

Big al likes this.
  9. WEfail

WEfail Regular Member

Don't believe I said that.

Daniel wasted mine and his time. I had to chase for updates for which there were none. I don't recall if he did or didn't leave me broken code but either way he failed to deliver.

Regardless of what he has done, in a pay for product environment he failed for me. That's all, nothing more, nothing less. I understand why he has felt pressured in closing up shop, it makes sense. Why deal with the hassles online if you can't produce on a schedule.

I am not sure Daniel understands what "delivered" means. Likely a language barrier.

10. Chris Teriakis

..hmmmmmm....... what to say... if I write more maybe I'll make things worst...... But didn't mean something bad for you. Maybe "blame" was not the right word. Yes, I meant that sentense about closing the shop.