6 Wordpress skinning sites

Discussion in 'Water Cooler' started by David, Sep 16, 2009.

1. David

David Regular Member

I always have a hard time finding reputable wordpress skinning sites and thought a list of them to compile would be awesome.

This list is in no particular order, its just the sites I frequent the most when getting themes

1. WooThemes.com - High quality professional themes, though the are commercial which sorta sucks, but worth it.
    2. WordpressThemeBase.com - A great site to find free skins. The only down side is that just about every wordpress blog on the planet also uses these skins.
    3. iThemes.com Designs are a little lackluster, but they are good quality skins at a semi-decent price.
    4. One-Theme this maybe the best looking WP theme i've seen to date
    5. 100 Free WP Themes @ Smashing Themes this is a great resource also, has nice thumbnails of most the themes and they're all free.
    6. FreeWPThemes.net semi-decent site with nice thumbnail previews of the skin and demo links on most skins as well.

Toss up your links for where you find your skins, please no links to warez sites that distribute commercial skins for free.

2 people like this.
  2. Chris

Chris Regular Member

I love WooThemes. I've purchased a few themes from them and would do so again for future projects. :thumbup:

3. Wayne Luke

Wayne Luke Regular Member

4. drumming207

drumming207 Adept

David, thanks for starting this thread. :cheers: I kept running into "not so great" Wordpress skin sites.

5. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

6. torque

torque Regular Member

My vote would have to go to stylewp my current theme is from them and they have great deals going all the time.

I am still learning how to edit everything because this is my first time using Word Press however StyleWP was the best for my site... hopefully as time wears on I can skin it to be perfect haha.

7. tech

tech Regular Member

Yup Elegant for me..

8. Chris

Chris Regular Member

StudioPress looks fantastic, as well. I may have to give them a try. :)

9. Venom

Venom Adept

Great list. I've been using WooThemes to search for quality WP themes. Will check out the other ones.

10. Peacelily

Peacelily Adept

11. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

12. Nick

Nick Regular Member

Moved to WebmasterAddict.

13. Peacelily

Peacelily Adept

Whoa. Checking out Hybrid. I think I am going to install a second blog just to learn this... seems to have a steep learning curve, but dang, does it look tasty.

14. Webmist

Webmist Champion

First Name:
    Jen
    Here's a couple of more.
    Rock-Kitty
    OSWD
    Themebot

I love to go to OSWD and check out some of the designer websites and what new things they are doing.

15. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Regular Member

I think that I'm going to be purchasing a membership with Elegant Themes. Those themes look beautiful!

16. Wayne Luke

Wayne Luke Regular Member

I still like the Elegant Themes site. Not sure if I am going to renew next month or not though. Currently converting my Wordpress using the Studiopress Lifestyle them to the Hybrid News theme. Hybrid has more options and is easier to customize than the Studiopress themes.

17. Abomination

Abomination Zealot

Are people legally able to use the Elegant theme skin after the subscription runs out? I'm not sure how these things work.

Edit, found it!

14. If I cancel my membership after the first year, can I still use the themes I've already downloaded?
    Yes, you do not need to have an active membership to use themes that were released when you were a paying member. Cancellation of your subscription merely revokes access to the member's area, and to all future theme releases.