Your forum ambitions?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Online Community' started by RockTalk, Feb 1, 2012.

1. RockTalk

RockTalk Regular Member

I have huge ambitions for my forum. I am thinking about creating a RockTalk Youtube channel. I'll invest in a quality camera and video some gigs of unnoticed bands and singers and upload it to Youtube and my RockTalk forum. Unnoticed bands from other countries can also post videos at my forum as-well as sharing news and important dates for their gigs. Who knows, 10 years down the line a might turn RockTalk into a label and sign the bands myself. Maybe start selling RockTalk magazine and giving awards like RockTalk album of the year. Haha I wish i could see your faces right now as your thinking Who is this idiot, hes a 17 year old kid whos just started his first forum and hes thinks he can do all of this. Well the truth is folks, if you never have any dreams or ambitions then you won't get much done in life.

So, who else has bigger ambitions for there forum?

Brandon and cpvr like this.
  2. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

Well, the only dreams I have currently are as followed:
    ~Get my community to 100k posts
    ~Average 40 to 70 users online during peak
    ~Get more links and get the #1 spot for virtual pets on Google - I've been trying to get that rank for years.
    ~And see more people join in the niche and see how profitable it really is[for game owners]
    ~Blog more and get more of my users to blog as well.

Those are my ambitions and goals for this year.

Those are quite the ambitions/dreams @RockTalk - I'm sure you can do it. Stay dedicated, motivated and inspired and that shouldn't be a problem for you.

RockTalk likes this.
  3. etc

etc I should be busy.

Its good to have dreams hope you'll achieve it. You're still young and pretty sure you'll be in track if you just don't give up. Don't stray. I once have this kind of dream before but I stray when I met someone and eventually have another big dream :D
    So I just don't stop dreaming. The next day I might dream of ladies inside with me in a jacuzzi :D

Brandon, cpvr and RockTalk like this.
  4. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

Dreams can always become a reality. Unless its a dream that you really don't want to chase. Excellent post mate!!:thumbsup:

5. Blaze1

Blaze1 Regular Member

Hoping to get a major game platform developed and have it running by this summer for my members to play around with.

6. dojo

dojo Regular Member

Hit 50K posts until the end of the year. Which is not really impossible, since we already average 2-2.5K posts a month (after 2 months). So I just need to put more work into it and promote better to keep the activity levels high. I'd also like us to become a respected forum in our niche and of course get me some nice ad revenue.

7. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

How's that coming along?

@dojo That's a great goal in mind, and I honestly believe that you can do it.