Why do people even run/open admin forums?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Online Community' started by CM30, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Carlos

Carlos Regular Member

You can have a balance between the two if you do it right. :thumbsup:

2. carntheroos4eva

carntheroos4eva Regular Member

Simply because your own forum is better than everyone elses. Everyone who knows you have your own forum become very jealous of you.

3. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

Is that really the case though? I don't think I've ever been jealous of anyone that creates an Admin forum. Heck, I like working for them as well. I did work as a moderator for TheAdminZone in the past prior to joining @Brandon here.

4. Shawn Gossman

Shawn Gossman Regular Member

I am with @dojo on this. I mean the more admin forums the more resources there is for forum owners and that is what its about isn't it?

5. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Well, I don't get why Admin Niche forums seem to have this view other people running forums will be interested in them, acting as places forum owners can gather for more information about "running a forum". Most are not really that interested, why you see Admin Extra only getting posts made usually when talking about other stuff that has nothing to do with running a forum, such as what's happening as XenForo (regular gossip instead).

It used to work well in vBulletin 3 heyday, for some anyway like TAZ and even Admin Addict for a spell when run by Nick. But nowadays nobody is that interested in Admin Niche forums anymore, plus the market is one of the most flooded.

I've looked close at your forum compared to others around like AA and AX. And will admit you have a much better forum overall content wise, you have the best quality content of them all for sure, it looks the part as an admin niche site. But I don't see many people online their each time I visit, usually theirs none online. And at the end of the day, that's what you judge a forum on. Is it getting used and how many people are logging in.

You can search Google for "powered by vBulletin" and find lots of large Admin Niche forums out their on vBulletin 3, old ones with a lot listed on them, but have been abandoned not used for a long time. To me a successful forum is how many people I'm seeing logged in using it, not how pretty or how much content they have listed. The web is littered with forums having thousands of threads listed, problem is they ain't getting used.

6. bauss

bauss Regular Member

Maybe it's because they know how to fill them with content? I find on a lot of admin forums you see the same posts OVER and OVER again.

Jessi likes this.
  7. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

That's because they're not that creative and can't come up with better topics. You see that happen a lot when an admin forum owner hasn't been in the forum industry for a while. When they do that, the members also follow suit and create the same thread over and over. With that being said, that particular forum becomes boring fast.