Where can I sell my IPS licenses?

Discussion in 'IP.Board Discussions' started by Been Told, Aug 30, 2009.

1. Been Told

Been Told Regular Member

Hi everyone!
    I recently (like 1-2 weeks ago) got a license for:
    - IP Community Suite (IP.Board, IP.Blog, IP.Gallery)
    - IP CCS

But I'm really not impressed and I'd like to sell the licenses. Now my question is: where's the best place to do that? Any suggestions?

2. Michael

Michael Regular Member

2 people like this.
  3. David

David Regular Member

To bad they can't be broke apart, or else I'd buy the gallery and blogs.

4. Been Told

Been Told Regular Member

5. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Regular Member

I'm curious, what didn't you like about IBP?

6. Been Told

Been Told Regular Member

A lot of little things. One big problem was the language files.
    With vBulletin I am used to always having up to date language files for vBulletin and the official addons. Because vBulletin has a partner who sells and supports the product in Germany and in German. vBulletin-Germany.com
    And not only that - there is a big community of German vBulletin users that help people out by translating a LOT of the unofficial add-ons on vBulletin.org.

The language is not an issue for me, but it is for my community (one of them anyway). So that was the main issue really.
    Also there are a couple of addons I am using, like private threads and vBulletin's Social Groups feature that my community would not want to loose. The people I spoke to about it have been adamant on this.

What I'm gonna say though, is that I love IPB's permission masks. I remember them from back in the day and they are still awesome.
    It's definitely something that vBulletin should have a look at. And I hope they will at some point.

Another thing that makes vBulletin the better choice for me is: I know it. I've even started making little plugins for my own use. With IPB I would have to get to know a whole new "world".

One last thing is the fact that vBulletin.org is simply hands-down THE best Addon/Plugin repository that I have seen with any other forum software. No other software can compare to the wealth and quality of addons/plugins posted and maintained on vBulletin.

So yeah, that's it.
    Depending on how vBulletin 4 develops, I might take IPB up again for an English speaking community some day. But at the moment, that is not in the stars.

7. MattMecham

MattMecham Novice

8. Been Told

Been Told Regular Member

I know what you mean. The difference is that vBulletin has certain ground work already done in that area and the fact that Jelsoft has an official partner in Germany that sells a German vBulletin version and is very, very competent.
    Then there are sites like vBulletin-Germany.org which are not official (I think) but there is a wealth of translations of addons from vBulletin.org.
    That is something that no other software has. And if IPS ever get that sort of level of support or even have official 100% translated language files of all of their official products and manages to release those virtually at the same time as the original English versions, I will look at IPS for my German communities again.

9. MattMecham

MattMecham Novice

We did actually maintain a list of semi-offical 'partners' for translation and support but it became too much work to police and monitor. All our staff speak English so we are unable to really gauge the quality of the work or the support given.

We also found ourselves under a lot of pressure from other competing websites to be added and ultimately decided that it wasn't a system that was working for us.

We may revisit this in the future, however. We do understand that having trusted parties in other countries does strengthen the brand.

10. Been Told

Been Told Regular Member

Since at the moment I have not received an acceptable offer for my licenses, I may yet see some of these changes. :D

11. torque

torque Regular Member

I know what you mean i attempted with ips but didn't like it so sold it off within a week of having it.

12. Boss

Boss Resident Silly Man

First Name:
    Alex
    There's another forum much like this, there are a lot of vBulletin users there who would like a IPB license, especially given this is a full package.