What would you like on the CMS page?

Discussion in 'Admin Talk Support & Feedback' started by Brandon, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    When we updated we got a new addition to the site.

http://general-forums.com/content.php

What would you like on this page?

The staff can "Promote" post to the CMS pages, I would like the most active topics to be on the Home page. I don't want it to busy though, I'd like a clean simple, easy to navigate look to it.

To give you an idea, this is the Alien's (Jason) other site using the same scripts we have.

We can make the layout how ever we want, and then it's just placing widgets into place.

We can also make unique articles for the CMS that aren't posted in the forum already. Here is an example, you'll see the members can comment on the direct articles also.

2. Juster

Juster Regular Member

Not much replies here and for me, I had a doubt to do it also.
    Personaly I am not sure if it adds something functional to the board. Yes, for new members it sure is, they can have a quick look what is going on. But when someone is a user, I think they will not visit the cms anymore. I have the main board bookmarked, do not know about other members but do think most of them will do the same (or 'new posts')
    So what must be on the cms? The best live topics for that moment because it shows what your board is.