Website Advertising on TechGeeks

Discussion in 'Marketplace and Exchanges' started by Techie, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Techie

Techie Regular Member

:) I'm selling ad space on my website. I created my sales post today and I wanted you guys to be some of the first people to know. I listed more details on the thread at my forum, but here's a quick summary.

These are daily visitors:
    awww.adminaddict.net_data_MetaMirrorCache_87725d34ebf90d30a17253082e948860.png

These are daily impressions for the last 30 days: http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/4701/indexm.png (it's a big image). We're getting over 280 unique visitors every day. :)

I'm selling standard sized ads (468 x 60) on the blog for $2 or sitewide for $3. These prices are for one day. For adminaddict members, I'll let your have half a day free if you order 2 days siteside. (So you get 2.5 days for $6) (And no, I don't do this anywhere else. This is the only other forum I've posted my ad service on since I officially announced it.)

Any questions? The fastest way to contact me about this would be to email me at techie(#)techgeeks-online.com

2. Mikey

Mikey Mikeylicio.us

I read on your site that the guy who tried it out got 5 clicks. $3 per 5 clicks is an incredibly high CPC rate. I personally would revise your prices if you want any sales.

2 people like this.
  3. Techie

Techie Regular Member

What do you think a reasonable price is? If you owned the site, what would you set as the price?

4. Mikey

Mikey Mikeylicio.us

I dunno, probably a weekly fee, such as $5.

5. gnatster

gnatster Regular Member

First Name:
    Nathan
    I have to admit when I saw the pricing scheme I was like huh...daily pricing, thats very odd. Why not a monthly price?

I also thought the cost was rather high for the size of the site too.

3 people like this.
  6. Techie

Techie Regular Member

Do you think $5 per week sounds reasonable?

The price does sound a little high, but other sites which offer advertising offer multiple spots. The advertising I'm selling doesn't go into rotators and it's the only advertising shown to users (no adsense or anything. The only ads users see are your ads).

7. CFCParadox

CFCParadox Guest

Well with your site traffic probably $5-$8 a month would be better. You would likely not get any sales at all with that pricing unless your traffic increases.

8. Techie

Techie Regular Member

Yeah those stats are kind of crazy. This is the latest:
    awww.adminaddict.net_data_MetaMirrorCache_3346f458300fab4ac9f2f54a26391dc6.png
    It's really stable at around 275. Do you still think $5-$8 sounds good? Should I sell per month?

9. Outdoor-Fishing

Outdoor-Fishing Adept

Hey Techie,

The price is really between you and your customers. It's really up to you to decide what the best price is. If you want more potential customers, start off cheap. You can always "up" your price later on when you are getting more traffic.

2 people like this.