Want to make theme, but no ideas.

Discussion in 'Skinning, Design and Graphics' started by Zash, Oct 28, 2009.

1. Zash

Zash Regular Member

I've been itching to make a MyBB theme lately - and not just any MyBB theme: a good one. I plan on taking my time with this, and releasing it however long it takes, no deadlines no anything.

Problem is, I can't think of anything that's really worth the trouble. I've started about 7 or so drafts since yesterday, and I've scrapped all of them. If you can think of something that you REALLY want, I'd consider making it - and I plan on making sure that it is premium quality.

2. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

This goes in the graphic section regardless if it is MyBB?

I have so many PSD's of themes to make for when I open SD, too many man. How about making an actual good theme, there are okay themes, but I don't like any of them. I think the only MyBB theme I really liked was BeyBrad's.

3. Zash

Zash Regular Member

I plan on making something better than Bey Brad's. I'm hoping along the lines of the same quality of the themes at Welcome To The New IBSkin - Invision Skins - IPB Skins (I really love their themes).

4. Nick

Nick Regular Member

Yes, it's best suited in the Graphics forum. Not the specific "showoff" sub-forum, but the main graphics section is fine. I've moved it there. :)

5. tech

tech Regular Member

Modern Warfare 2

If its good you will get alot of downloads as its coming out soon =)

6. Zash

Zash Regular Member

I've decided to for now go for a clean, professional skin approach. My WIP thread on the MyBB Community forums can be found here: WIP - Ambience for 1.4x