Wait, someone brought IPS into this lawsuit too?

Discussion in 'XenForo Discussions' started by CM30, Oct 20, 2012.

1. CM30

CM30 Regular Member

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/california-case-update.10037/page-237#post-432930

http://www.club-radiance.com/pacer/031115568872-133-6.pdf

Apparently IB wants to bring Matt Mecham into this case as well because they think he has relevant information.

I also hear that this information only got to Internet Brands because the individual running XenForo Sucks mentioned it to them. Seriously, one of the exhibits is from an e-mail sent by one 'David McHenry', and shows a screenshot of another admin forum topic.

God, some people really do like to stir up drama don't they?

Mikey and Brandon like this.
  2. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    I didn't see anything that mentions David but I wouldn't believe a word that he says ;)
    Some of you may remember but back in 2010 David "tried" to blackmail me and ruin my "online reputation" and failed miserably after I caught him scamming users on an old forum I ran, btw he was a moderator at the time.

As Jake said on the xf post, this happen when the case started as well, seems like more stall tactics to make KAM pay even more in legal fees.

PS.. Nice lie at the very end by David..lol
    "I don't like dragging people down with them" then he screenshots the conversation and sends it the the IB legal team. :laugh:

Dan Hutter and cpvr like this.
  3. CM30

CM30 Regular Member

No, what mentions him is part of the lawsuit 'evidence' that IB are bringing to trial. It shows an email he sent to IB and a topic where he was talking to Matt Mecham, which he wants them to include as 'evidence'.

4. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    I didn't see the screenshot the first time I looked, I'll edit out my post.

and it was a PM not a thread

5. GTB

GTB Regular Member

How can you say "I wouldn't believe a word that he says", when there's pictures of the conversation to back-up everything taken of Matt Mecham saying things to David about what Kier told him. Did he make up those pictures?

6. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    He's a known troll in my book.

Mikey likes this.
  7. GTB

GTB Regular Member

I know that, but this time he's showing screen-shots to back things up. You can't argue that one, he's not made the pictures up and that conversation taking place with Matt Mecham. If you think he has, well.... I've nothing more to say.

Doesn't matter what David said really, it's all about that video conversation captured that's going to sink XenForo now. IB, are going to have a field day with that, and you can bet Matt Mecham will be soon be called into court now. That's if a settlement doesn't take place beforehand, which Kier will be glad to accept seeing this today?

It's already being done: http://www.club-radiance.com/pacer/031115568868-133.pdf

8. CM30

CM30 Regular Member

Doesn't hide the fact the guy is a bit of a jerk. To actually go to a company he 'hates' and basically sell someone out. Why not just try and let them (IB) just fail?

Brandon likes this.
  9. Alfa1

Alfa1 Regular Member

What video capture are you talking about?

From the document:
    So vbulletin is unaware of the existence of its biggest competitor? What comedian wrote that up?

10. petertdavis

petertdavis Old Timer

What's that all about?

11. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    I caught him scamming members of vbsetup back in 09, he than made a site "brandon sheley . com" and started posting lies acting like past clients of mine that I had "ripped" off.
    For the record, I've never had one paypal charge back or unhappy client in the 5 years I've been running my business.
    He was made because he was trying to offer a similar service as myself, but I had several request for paid work every week, and I guess he didn't.. I'm not really sure why he went to "the dark side".. he appeared to look like a decent guy before he was caught.

12. petertdavis

petertdavis Old Timer

Weird stuff. Did you shut down vbsetup?

13. CM30

CM30 Regular Member

He didn't shut it down. Someone bought it. Then merged it into a site called Admin Fusion, which was dead and overrun by spam at the time.

I think the owner has now shut down both.

cpvr likes this.
  14. petertdavis

petertdavis Old Timer

Yea, Admin Fusion seems to be gone too. Good enough, since there are too many admin forums around anyway.... ;)

15. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    Nope, but it is why I put more work and time into my Brandon Sheley blog, I guess he realized that he'd never be able to out rank me, and last I saw he was trying to see the .com.
    He had no baring on me selling vbsetup at all, but I did sell within a year or so of all this happening.

16. petertdavis

petertdavis Old Timer

I was wondering why you use the .org for your site, I guess that's it? He registered it before you did?

17. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    yup, I had never thought about having my first,last name .com before he came around.
    My first domain was sheley.org, I had always used something like brandon.sheley.org as my personal blog.

18. Dan Hutter

Dan Hutter aka Big Dan

I have dan and daniel hutter .com. Not sure why I have them as I don't really use them but it's good to have I suppose.

Brandon likes this.
  19. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

Wow, that didn't take long either. Wait, its still up just merged with a lot of other forums.It's flooded with spam though.

20. GTB

GTB Regular Member

So did he register brandonshelley .com:giggle: domain name and use it, because a while ago somebody registered mrgtb.org and started posting slander about me using that. But I contacted NameCheap about it after doing a WhoIs and seeing it was registered with them, pointing out I owned mrgtb.com registered for years before that one, and that person was using it to slander me. They "nulled" the domain for me so they couldn't use it anymore, good of NameCheap to do that. Didn't expect they would, but they did and must have pissed off the person who owned mrgtb.org.

I remember that one, because you and David was arguing over it on my forum at the time with one another. Not sure if you remember?