vBulletin Cyber police?????????

Discussion in 'vBulletin Discussions' started by Big al, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Big al

Big al Regular Member

http://cyberpolice.vbulletin.net/

Says" The internet is no longer lawless! The Cyber Police are here to dispense justice wherever and whenever needed provided you can get there with a web browser! Do you have what it takes to join?"

Now this will be interesting. It seems that "he who cannot be named" a Vb staff member, is involved with this new site.

After years of defaming genuine fraud fighters on his website and actively supporting self confessed scammers and hackers he now is involved with this?

So the obvious question is why. I know of some websites that are set up solely to gain access to victims while pretending to be legit. Lets see how this plays out.

Possibly it is a cloud testing site, we will see.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
    Autopilot likes this.
  2. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Think it's laughable Mark and Joe are running a Cloud site themselves, especially when neither of them have any use for one. They both claim they ain't bias towards vB and moan when people bash them because they are vB Staff on TAZ commenting in favour of vB, then they both do something like this to prove the point they are bias and have only setup these two cloud sites to try and promote the service over to people. Well, if that's not being bias towards vB, I don't know what is?

Big al likes this.
  3. VICE

VICE Regular Member

Do they paid for the cloud or IB gave them for free?
    I'll try it if it's free.

4. AWS

AWS Administrator

First Name:
    Bob
    I'd like to know this too. I'd also like to know if IB encouraged them to use it.

5. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Don't know, but suspect they might have them free. Can't see Mark paying for it, not when he already runs a vB5 test site anyway besides this Cloud one. Wouldn't be surprised if IB offered a free cloud forum to all staff to help promote it.

You can tell both Mark and Joe are only doing it for that, because both can't be bothered to setup more than two discussion forums on the sites, that's how interested they are in running them. And Mark never uses his other vB5 test forum apart from importing RSS Feeds in to it.

Big al likes this.
  6. zappaDPJ

zappaDPJ Regular Member

I'm pretty sure I've read that it was given to them. They are after all going to have to support it.

7. BirdOPrey5

BirdOPrey5 #Awesome

First Name:
    Joe
    Cyber Police is my vBCloud forum- we (support) have a free Cloud forum so we can learn it so we can better support vBCloud for our customers. Cyber Police was a forum idea I had been playing with in my head for a while and figured as long as I had a free site might as well give it a decent name and story.

If I manage to get some regular users all the better for hands on cloud experience in a real world situation. If no, no big deal- it's mostly so I can see if I can reproduce issues customers are having. It's already proving to be valuable for developing tips and tricks for new users.

And on the side, if I can bring to justice cyber criminals running hacking and other scams out of secret forums on websites claiming to be legitimate forums, all the better.

Dan Hutter and AWS like this.
  8. CM30

CM30 Regular Member

Wait, since when were you internet police/the authority on what's right?

Does 'cyber criminals' mean vBulletin's critics?

pixelek, Big al and GTB like this.
  9. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Well if it does, and everything does seem to be vB related with Joe. Then *Mr. Morally Bankrupt* has to be top of the FBI hit list, surely? :sick:

10. Lizard King

Lizard King Regular Member

Congrats on your new forum

Hopefully you can target
    • how NSA and other government agencies spying on humanity
    • Companies who are taking advantage of their deep pockets and cheat customers with false advertisement
    • etc...

pixelek, Iconic, Big al and 1 other person like this.
  11. Autopilot

Autopilot Regular Member

According to vBulletin press release it is not free

Big al likes this.
  12. Autopilot

Autopilot Regular Member

@Big al the title and address to this site suggests that this venture is developed by and sanctioned by vBulletin as it is hosted on their site. I wasn't aware until now that vBulletin/IB has taken a different direction in controlling cyber space. There might even be some legal ramifications in some countries over impersonating an unauthorized international police agency. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

Big al likes this.
  13. Big al

Big al Regular Member

Here are some others that the new "Cyber Police" can check out for us, I am sure they are on top of these things.

It seems that the US government can get into most things, we have all heard of Prism, here are some other nasties that we may not be aware of.

Back in 2001 Telstra ( the Australian government owned communications) signed and agreement with the us Department of justice and the FBI.
    "Reach " the intercontinental bandwidth provider, jointly owned by by Telstra and Hong Kong's PCCW. Would be required to build a data centre IN THE US, staffed by US citizens, through which ALL of its traffic into and out of the US would be run. and they got it!

In 2003 the international bandwidth provider Global Crossing did a similar deal. As explained on their website at the time.

In 2006 a former AT&T technician named Mark klein revealed the existence of Room 641A run by the US National Security Agency, in co-operation with AT&T. EVERY piece of data that flowed into the facility went through Room 641A. Where it was analysed by a Narus STA 6400 supercomputer running Narusinsight.

************************************************** ****************************

Another system that has been known about for a while is The Echelon satellite signal intelligence system run by the US, UK, AUSTRALIA, NEW ZEALAND and Canada.

14. BirdOPrey5

BirdOPrey5 #Awesome

First Name:
    Joe
    Since Last Friday.

15. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Think they must be getting them free as staff, spotted Lynne's cloud.

http://mudslide.vbulletin.net/

And have a read of this, lol.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...ulletin-5-cloud-package?p=4018138#post4018138

It sounds like the best thing since sliced bread... Wow, gotta get me on of these dreamy clouds!

pixelek likes this.
  16. VICE

VICE Regular Member

pixelek likes this.
  17. Autopilot

Autopilot Regular Member

Perhaps it's in reference to the vB/IB debacle?

CM30 and Big al like this.
  18. Big al

Big al Regular Member

It is best not to say too much at this stage, sufficient to say information has been forwarded to the relevant authorities.

pixelek and Autopilot like this.
  19. VICE

VICE Regular Member

Now I remember!
    Welcome back!

Anyway to bring home Mark as well?
    And I see Carlos Santana is banned.

pixelek likes this.
  20. Big al

Big al Regular Member

If what a Vb staff member has said is true then the three "cloud" sites were given to staff members free to help them detect faults etc.

Of course, none of the RESPONSIBLE staff member would EVER consider using a VB OWNED website to push his own personal vendetta or obsession by allowing his pals to post misleading and false comments on it to defame anyone would he? OH WAIT..........