VBSeo, is it worth it?

Discussion in 'vBulletin Discussions' started by mush490, Feb 19, 2013.

?

Is vbSeo worth the cost?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. mush490

mush490 Regular Member

I recently just launched my vb4 forum and I've been thinking about buying vbSeo. Is it worth it? I am using the existing seo in vb4 and currently my urls are structured as such:

cms : www.mysite.com/content/the article title will go here
    forum: www.mysite.com/threads/the thread title will go here

I wish I could get the category of the content on the cms side and also it would be cool if the albums had more friendly urls. I know vbSeo has some optimization functionality as well.

Do you use it? Is it worth it?

On a side note, holy cow vBulletin mods are expensive. The whole "pay extra to remove copyright" business model sucks too! (well, for the consumer that is :) )I've worked with wordpress and joomla for years. In general their pricing is much less for premium mods but I guess that's because there is a larger audience for wordpress and joomla plugins.

Brandon likes this.
  2. Jura

Jura Regular Member

URL changing is best done early on in a site, so do so now. There's always free alternatives and tweaks to big bundles. I'm sure vB is not an exception.

3. mush490

mush490 Regular Member

Thanks for the reply. I get that if I do anything Seo related it should be now but do you have experience with vBseo specifically? I'm looking for some feedback specific to the product itself.

4. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    Hi @mush490

If I was running a 3.8 version and was able to get a good deal on a used license, I'd say yes. I did run on successfully on a 4.x, but between vbseo and vb4, it just sucked up the resources. I have graphs of it all posted somewhere on these forums that I could dig up, there was a big stumbleupon spike in traffic so that didn't help things either..lol

If I was starting with a new 4.x version, I would just tweak the default settings and add the free SEO mods at vb.org.

5. mush490

mush490 Regular Member

Great, thanks Brandon. That's good to know! That's pretty much what I was leaning towards as it seems that the default functionality is close to what I need anyway.