Tumblr advertising

Discussion in 'Member and Staff Management' started by cpvr, Jan 26, 2013.

1. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

Does anyone here use Tumblr to promote their forums? Like, when you post a new blog there, you can have a source link and that can link to one of your forum topics. I looked into their links and its apparently rel="Nofollow", but it still helps because it helps you promote your forum on another network.

I've posted a few things myself and got 16 reblogs on two different things. This is the tumblr that I use to promote my forum from time to time. http://virtualpetlist.tumblr.com

So anyone else using Tumblr here?

Brandon likes this.
  2. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    Here is mine, I need to set it up with the forums RSS feed, do you know how to do that?
    Is there a service like feedburning but for tumblr?

http://brandonsheley.tumblr.com/

3. etc

etc I should be busy.

Not really into promoting my site to different networks butnit always work everytime i blog in wordpress.com and comment to some users blog. Within my blog is is where I promote my websites and pages.

From there I can invite people to go to my sites pages after commenting related posts.

4. Superboy

Superboy Most Likely, I'm Insane.

Brandon likes this.
  5. sheepishwolf

sheepishwolf Regular Member

I tried using Tumblr to promote my website, about a year ago. I got very little results, with over 600 followers on tumblr. I did get maybe one or two new members, but that's because I had actually had communication with them over tumblr, and had talked to them beforehand about it. I think that Tumblr can be utilized very well for promotion if you go about it in the right ways, but just posting your links and telling people to join isn't going to get the best results on there.

6. bigbigfan

bigbigfan Regular Member

People on Tumblr love Tumblr, they aren't looking to become members of other sites which is why promoting forums there doesn't work.

You can promote the content from a good thread but not memberships, at least not on social networks.